NGGP: NextGen Garbage Pile (aka: No one reads the topics or stays on topic) *spawn*

Status
Not open for further replies.
SlickShoesRUCrazy, is the warrant an American warrant?

Answer is clearly no, so why are you talking about what happens in America, it's about as relevant as saying SuperDae was wearing blue trousers.

The warrant also mentions Microsoft, Ebay and paypal, I suggest you look harder (or at the full page scan lower down at least) SB.

And everyone posting in any technical thread needs to present their professional engineering or coding credentials, because you're only allowed an opinion if you've gone to college in a related subject. :rolleyes:
BSc (Hons) in Computer Science and Physics with Electronics, and 15 years (Holy crap, apparently I'm officially old now) of professional experience. ;) As to my lawyerly credentials, I don't qualify. My parents were married.

We have to remember that we was talking about old specs for both. Wait to compare final orbis specs with old durango specs.
Anyway cudos to sony, i start to like orbis

You may notice that only the amount of RAM changed, nothing else.

They can change ram amounts and minorly bump clock speeds.

But nothing major will change.

Right, but I don't think Microsoft will change memory or GPU specs.

If they have multiple sku can avoid the first one and go from start with the powerful one, who knows..
Even the 8gb gddr5 was barely unbelievable..

Better to wait and look at ms vs sony battle

OK, so we get confirmation of 8gb DDR5. Very impressive! However, I thought it wasn't trivial to change from 4gb because of the memory controller? Can anybody explain to me in not-so technical language how they were able to do this? Or did they always have 8gb & we were just fed out-of-date specs?

Tommy McClain

OK, so we get confirmation of 8gb DDR5. Very impressive! However, I thought it wasn't trivial to change from 4gb because of the memory controller? Can anybody explain to me in not-so technical language how they were able to do this? Or did they always have 8gb & we were just fed out-of-date specs?

Tommy McClain

Old specs for both

Tommy McClain
If the controller is 256 bits, I don't think there's any change to the SoC for 2, 4 or 8GB. But they need the questionably available 4Gb x16 clamshell chips to reach 8GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back