News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's wait and see how multiplats perform before making such statements .

Ok granted, but my comment was to PC versions not a VS to each console. Ryse looks great, but we can't compare a PC version. BF4 we have already seen a difference, and it has been running at 4k on PC, etc. I expect each console to be close to each other.

wow ... that's a joke post right?!

Alas for Microsoft that is what gets considered as Fact (tm) Confirmed (tm) on the internet right now. Now just queue the inevitable faux rage to complete the look, followed by the textbook "It must be true because Microsoft hasn't had a worldwide press conference to deny it" comments, all concluded by "It's all bullshit PR talk" if they actually do comment on it.

Alas for Microsoft that is what gets considered as Fact (tm) Confirmed (tm) on the internet right now. Now just queue the inevitable faux rage to complete the look, followed by the textbook "It must be true because Microsoft hasn't had a worldwide press conference to deny it" comments, all concluded by "It's all bullshit PR talk" if they actually do comment on it.

Someone could say that they brought it upon themselves ...

This is not neoFUD it's b3d. Please lets stop repeating this rambling fanboy red meat and trying to defend it as fact or inside info.

I can tell you at NYC Comic con they were playing killer instinct at the twitch booth for hours at a time with the xbox one demo kit (just like retail) pressed between 2 boxes. They had no problems the whole weekend of doing it.

If the consoles were having so much trouble you would think they would have set it up some where hidden and with even more outside cooling. Not put it in a worse case scenario live in front of a 100k plus people this weekend.

Any how , even if one of these consoles have problems , both companies will quickly react and make things right. MS lived through the RROD issues and Sony had similar massive problems on both the ps1 and ps2.

Well look, the mods said no cross talking so I'm going to just drop the subject . My only question is this , when is he proven wrong. 3 months after launch ? 6 ? 1 year ? 5 years ? and by then do they just forget he is wrong or do they just gloss over him being wrong and talk about the new drama he has come up with.

The guy was still saying downclock yield problems while I was talking about upclocks and I have no source in ms and yet this guy is said to work for them.

The irony is thick, 12GB XB1... He never said there was a down clock. He was wrong about the PS4 release date, but most suspect he is a MS employee, almost all of his leaks are for MS info.

Please don't insult our intelligence by posting that FUD that doesn't even mean anything on the Beyond3D forums.

Just gonna quote one of the mods here...

The chance that Microsoft would risk another billion on shaky hardware is so slim that even if there would be another rrod disaster I would not believe it was down to the upclock but something else. There is no way that Microsoft will risk it or can expect it to be worth the risk. The only difference between the xb1 before and after the upclock is most likely higher rpm on the fan.

As for the rest of the rumours... Not even worth using time on these so close to launch.

1 year sounds good to me on reliability.

I'm not even sure what he said was even about that though.It could have possibly just meant that most everything will be sub 1080.
But forza is already 1080p. So does that end that even before he started this rumor ?

The irony is thick, 12GB XB1... He never said there was a down clock. He was wrong about the PS4 release date, but most suspect he is a MS employee, almost all of his leaks are for MS info.

I've only mentioned that dev kits were 12 gigs and 12 gigs of ram was one of the options on the list along with the gpu upclock.

Like I said , I'm not an ms employee and my sources are people working on xbox one games but aren't part of ms. I'm sure an ms employee would know better than me.

in fact I was playing a game on the xbox one at the start of the month that is apparently not coming to the xbox one anymore as it wasn't announced for that platform. But I did play it and it does exist.

I can haz rumorz
Amd was originally tasked with the sound chip for the xb1. ms decided to go a different way and rather than waste the effort amd put the dsp on their new cards.

He obviously did but outside of the forum. There is a post from BruceLee (NeoGaf User) about this.

But forza is already 1080p. So does that end that even before he started this rumor ?
If you look at the thread Forza was mentioned.

I never said anything about forza being 1080p, but they should make it. Exception, not the rule though, nevermind trying to match eyecandy thanks to esram, 720p- 900p will be the norm on xbone just you watch

in fact I was playing a game on the xbox one at the start of the month that is apparently not coming to the xbox one anymore as it wasn't announced for that platform. But I did play it and it does exist.
so, your sources who are working on Xbox games.
did they say if the game you were playing on Xbox that is not coming because it was not announced. is erm... coming?

If you look at the thread Forza was mentioned.
That comment reads like FUD. Forza is a 1080/60p launch title. 1080/30 shouldn't be uncommon with XBone.

"Nevermind trying to match eyecandy thanks to esram." What does this even mean?

so, your sources who are working on Xbox games.
did they say if the game you were playing on Xbox that is not coming because it was not announced. is erm... coming?

Last minute exclusivity deal is preventing it. Its almost done so I would assume it will hit in 2014 .

I've only mentioned that dev kits were 12 gigs and 12 gigs of ram was one of the options on the list along with the gpu upclock.

Like I said , I'm not an ms employee and my sources are people working on xbox one games but aren't part of ms. I'm sure an ms employee would know better than me.

Deep Down?

The 12gb ddr3 was something Microsoft was very close to doing,and the only reason they didn't is because of the upclocks and they got better efficiency from the flash and esram!That is 100% fact!

Secondly the statement about issues and failures of systems was very early in the dev kit cycles.There was issues with over heating and failures about 8 to 6 months ago.They was not large scale,but it was happening!Also on that note Sony has had they same issues here lately.That is one reason you have not seen a lot of PS4 games run on the dev,debug kits lately!

The 1080p can be reached on both systems,but if a developer wants to go for 720 and 900p to add more to the game it's not an issue!The Xbox One and PS4 have way better scaler chips then they had for the 360 and PS3!Scalers are almost 100 x's better then 5 years ago!

Both systems have strength and weakness!They both are going to be very good consoles!They are in the same ball park!PS4 has the better specs hardcore wise!The Xbox One has a lot of work off loaded from the GPU and that can make a huge difference,more then what people on the Internet think!

Be careful friend, don't spill to many beans, the forums have eyes and haters.

True .

Anyway I think the shelf life of 1080p games on both systems will be limited. A lot of devs are talking about leading first on pc and then porting to console (which shouldn't be a huge back port) PC graphics are going to be jumping like crazy next year with the new micron process hitting .

That is shocking!You are telling me there is games in development of consoles,that are not announced for said console?You are telling me they are already being developed and running on said console?...I kid ;)

I think a lot of people on both sides have timed exclusives that will end up on other consoles!That doesn't stop said developers from already getting it ready and running!So wheN it's time they optimize and ship it gold!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back