News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean? Apparently the guy has a very good track record with leaks.

Only if you ignore what he got wrong. In this case there is no info there, its pure FUD. What info do you think that fud contained? All I see is garbage.

Only if you ignore what he got wrong. In this case there is no info there, its pure FUD. What info do you think that fud contained? All I see is garbage.

Can't be right all the time,but he has been far more right than wrong,so it's not something to ignore. It sounds to me it is having trouble with the upclock and could be some reliability issues as it was designed for a 2014 launch.

Hey gais, how about ”do not drag in the dregs of other forums” as the new motto for this section of the forum? Kthx.

Not when we'll all know in a matter of weeks anyway one way or the other. Months of debate will soon be at an end and then a whole new set if debates will begin.

Do we really need to spend pages debating about Cboat again.. We've spent so many wasted pages on him to date and I can see that happening again with this current rumor!
Indeed. Delta9 posted a rumour from a regular source. People are free to believe it or ignore it as they wish. If people want to discuss the meat, they can, although I can't see anything there to discuss really. TBH I find it hard to believe the upclock is causing issues. It's a small upclock, it's much slower and colder than other APUs, the box appears to have plenty of scope for cooling (pump the fan up another 100-200 RPM), and MS would have plenty of time to test it out prior to committing to it. To make that call when it was going to cause problems would be very stupid indeed, and it's improbable they have encountered unexpected issues after making that call based on sound testing beforehand.

I find these rumors very hard to believe ( at least the ones with hardware issues). It just seems that there is no supporting evidence of a planned 2014 launch that was moved or hardware issues.

The launch line up isn't worse than any other console launch and the OS feature set may not be complete but doesn't scream rushed. The hardware doesn't seem to have shortages nor is it launching in a very late date like December. There's really nothing indicating this launch is any different from an other historic launch.

The hardware doesn't seem to have shortages nor is it launching in a very late date like December. There's really nothing indicating this launch is any different from an other historic launch.

Yes , but is the hardware up to the task ? I think that's what that cboat guy implies ...

Yes , but is the hardware up to the task ? I think that's what that cboat guy implies ...

Up to the task of what?

There's no fixed hardware limits that exist to prevent 1080/60. It's a question of appropriating resources and how. At 1080p/60, you need to render ~2M pixels every 16.6ms, obviously that puts constraints on the complexity of your geometry, shaders, CPU tasks, etc. But every single platform has similar trade-offs.

There are enough units out in the wild that I don't think up-clock related errors would not be seen, with the machine now giving BSOD type error messages. This smells like FUD to me, and fits the larger narrative of that site and how the drama spreads.

This to me is Xbox 1.5 all over again, so lets just get retail units on store shelves to see how it all shakes out in a few years.

Maybe something real will leak out late next week. If we can run 1080p on older graphics cards with steady fps, it does seem that it becomes a design choice on X1 - what sacrifice do you want to make and where. fps, resolution, ai, physics, distance, etc? It is all a balance.. ;)

Edit: Even on my good 1080p projector at over 144" I am ok with games on console like Bioshock 3, Halo 4, etc. For me as long as the lines are crisp and I can see off clearly into the distance without it being a mess of pixels, I won't sit there and judge the pixel count. On a smaller TV sitting further away even more so, but if I play at my desk with a console I am left wanting more from those same games. So while I am bummed about specs overall, I am still excited for the improvements we are going to see. Good art is key for sure, and I think it is going to be great soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok this might be more interesting than what Cboat said on GAF.

Is it just me or does the UI have screen tearing?

Edit- I guess it comes from the abrupt changing which makes it appear that way in video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe something real will leak out late next week. If we can run 1080p on older graphics cards with steady fps, it does seem that it becomes a design choice on X1 - what sacrifice do you want to make and where. fps, resolution, ai, physics, distance, etc? It is all a balance.. ;)

Not long now ... next month we'll find out if trade-offs , sacrifices , balance , design choices just "happen" on a certain console .
;)
If not , obviously guys like cboat are just spreading fud .

Not long now ... next month we'll find out if trade-offs , sacrifices , balance , design choices just "happen" on a certain console .
;)
If not , obviously guys like cboat are just spreading fud .

Ha - well this new gen already appears to be doing just that, on both sides.

Can't be right all the time,but he has been far more right than wrong,so it's not something to ignore. It sounds to me it is having trouble with the upclock and could be some reliability issues as it was designed for a 2014 launch.
It was never set for a 2014 launch. And I could flip a coin and be right 50% of the time.

It was never set for a 2014 launch. And I could flip a coin and be right 50% of the time.

Flipping a coin is in no way similar,but you're right about 2013 because I think you said before the yukon docs were real and that was listed as 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back