News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not thought that MS could make a console so underpowered with all the human and economic resources at its disposal.If MS wanted to impress in a negative way has succeeded widely,deserves all the negative comments that it is receiving around the forum.

I HAVE NO WORDS...
http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-to-trade-xbox-one-games-online-micros-509140825

"But what if you want to bring a game disc to a friend's house and play there? You'll have to pay a fee—and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game—in order to use a game's code on a friend's account. Think of it like a new game, Harrison says."

"The bits that are on that disc, you can give it to your friend and they can install it on an Xbox One," he said. "They would then have to purchase the right to play that game through Xbox Live."

"They would be paying the same price we paid, or less?" we asked.

"Let’s assume it’s a new game, so the answer is yes, it will be the same price," Harrison said.

Edge Online was ridiculed by everyone in January, but sadly they were 100% right. Once activated game disc has resell value of ZERO DOLLARS. Activation #2 requires payment OF FULL PRICE. The only value disc has is that it can give you all the game data without slow/long download from the web.

Also, console will ask for Internet connection to authenticate your games daily. I know that pointless gifs are not welcomed here, but...
1347240175223usrqx.gif

Probably just a vapor chamber, that isn't really anything spectacular technologically. They're basically just a flattened-out heatpipe type dealie.

I agree, but I think even using a vapor chamber is significant. Although I was hoping to see someone use the all metal fansink approach of the sandia cooler. Maybe the ps4 :D I'm just glad we don't have another dull thermal pad/grease and standard heatsink scenario again.

Really disappointing IMO to not have internal PSU with such a ludicrously big box. Sony can at least build proper hardware. External bricks clutter up the floor, gather dust and look unsightly. They're also a bit of a fire hazard since they're generally not actively cooled, and since they sit on the floor they can easily get gunked up by dust, pet hairs and so on if there is a fan in it (only 360 brick has one that I have ever seen...)

I think it's attractive to them from a repair standpoint.

Yeah, it does look quite yummy I must say.

Although I'm curious how they'll get along without a one to one interface like the Wii U gamepad and PS4 touchpad afford.

Annoying an proof the rumour was actually true but the have listened to the internet checking each day is not that bug a deal every five minutes would be a different matter though if they had stuck with that.

Guess they have painted a huge target for the hackers though I hope their security kung fu is strong this time.

You need an Internet connection that works for a brief period of time once a day? Who has that?!

It may depend on where you're deployed overseas.

In keeping with fault-tolerance, I would think a more robust scheme would be for the console to try more than once a day in case it needs to start searching for geographically redundant authentication servers, which are hopefully using the assumed uptime policies as enterprise cloud services.

If you were bringing the game to your friends' house, why wouldn't you just log in with your live account and play for free?

I don't know about others, but I'm damn cheap and buy only about 1/5 to 1/4 of the games I play. :LOL: The rest are borrowed to play on my own account.

XB1 is a non-starter for me.

You need an Internet connection that works for a brief period of time once a day? Who has that?!

Just means you can't be completely offline, like never ever connect even once after buying the console from the store. There's some digital trail :devilish:

Edit: This is much better than the old 3 minute rumor.

So Microsft REALLY plans to charge $499 for THIS? For $50 more, I can get a Radeon HD7970 GHz edition.
Please reconsider Microsoft. $299 - $399.

So Microsft REALLY plans to charge $499 for THIS? For $50 more, I can get a Radeon HD7970 GHz edition.

While true, I think that Radeon might be a bit less fun to play when it's sitting on the coffee table.

They didn't announce a price, as far as I know. So far the prices are only rumours. It could be $500. Doubt it'll be $300.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back