News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the second-install fee is a fair move. You can still borrow it from a friend and play it cheaper than if you were to buy it new, or buy it used if you really want to.

I believe the pricing for secondary activation haven't been announced. My question is, do the original owner must revoke their ownership of the game or not? If you can install it into multiple console, then what are the limitations?

Basically what I'm asking is what does it do? Controlling used game disc or making profit on multiple installation?

40nm. No wonder the box is huge.

28nm ... im guessing that 40nm was a typo

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/21/...utm_source=Feed_Classic&utm_campaign=Engadget

Processor and graphics: as rumored, a heavily customized AMD chip that combines an eight-core CPU, a GPU tailored for DirectX 11.1 graphics and 32MB of high bandwidth embedded ESRAM memory. The 28nm chip will consume around 100 watts, which is slightly higher than current Xbox Slim and PS3, but Microsoft promises noise from the cooling fans will be "four times quieter."

I think the second-install fee is a fair move. You can still borrow it from a friend and play it cheaper than if you were to buy it new, or buy it used if you really want to.

What about second second-install fee, when the original owner gets his game back?

That wouldn't be what I call "borrowing" TBH.

I'm OK with the system though, as long as the value of resellability is appropriately deducted from the original price.

I haven't watch the reveal, mandatory online for "first installs"?

I like the design of the console and controller. Even the kinect looks good.

Engadget is reporting the chip is 28nm.

Would have liked to get hard numbers but mabye at e3

Dat Microsoft... not the same that the MS from 2005... :(

I thought I was doing something good for GAF and for some of you guys on B3D if you were reading it, I guess the plan was to feed me false info to get me banned. You never can trust anybody these days. If anyone on GAF wants to know, that's the true story. I'm done.

I thought I was doing something good for GAF and for some of you guys on B3D if you were reading it, I guess the plan was to feed me false info to get me banned. You never can trust anybody these days. If anyone on GAF wants to know, that's the true story. I'm done.

Hang in there mate, there are far worse things that can happen to you.

Wouldn't that cancel the account link for the original installation?
To do otherwise would just be a way effectively mark down every new release price by $50.

Don't worry, all of us was lied. I don't know what are thinking in MS now.

What the hell kind of name is Xbox One anyway? Is there going to an Xbox Two, Three coming down the line?

One box to rule them all lol

It makes sense as this is what MS intended xbox to be from the start and now with a bit of a userbase behind them they are going for it, so xbox one. The first "real" xbox. Although I think my joke is closer to the truth knowing the idiocy that came up with 360 so it didn't make the PS3 look more advanced.

Don't worry, all of us was lied. I don't know what are thinking in MS now.
You all chose to be lied too.

MS will be laughing all the way to the bank, there is a market for what they are doing, just not with people that have gaming as the priority, above all else.

You all chose to be lied too.

MS will be laughing all the way to the bank, there is a market for what they are doing, just not with people that have gaming as the priority, above all else.

Consumers control the market, not the console makers.

If Durango, or Xbox One is good I'll give it a shot. But I did not like how I was fed info by a NeoGAF poster like the info was supposed to be real. He gets away scott free while I'm permabanned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back