New Oblivion PS3 Screens + Info

It is supposed to be incorporated in the PS3 Oblivion version.

Really? I thought it was just Knights of the Nine. Hmm, I'll have to look into it.

EDIT Per PS3 IGN:

So what's different? For one, the majority of downloadable content available on PC and Xbox 360 didn't make the deadline. That means that Mehrunes' Razor, the Vile Lair, the Wizard's Tower and other post-release goodies are nowhere to be found (and that includes this month's "Shivering Isles" expansion). There isn't a clear answer as to whether or not users will ever be able to download these add-ons either -- so there's a definite possibility that what you see is what you get.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? I thought it was just Knights of the Nine. Hmm, I'll have to look into it.

It was only Knights of the Nine that follows with the game, Shivering Islands is a separate expansion.

Last edited by a moderator:

EDIT Per PS3 IGN:

But IGN is wrong. I saw an interview with the Bethesda guy saying that the reason they're not releasing all downloadable content on day one is simply because it would unbalance the main game and obviously you'd want to give gamers some time to explore the main stuff first, and then be reinvigorated later.

But IGN is wrong. I saw an interview with the Bethesda guy saying that the reason they're not releasing all downloadable content on day one is simply because it would unbalance the main game and obviously you'd want to give gamers some time to explore the main stuff first, and then be reinvigorated later.

Well to be fair I was only asking about shivering isles. And if that was the case then what was the point of giving KotN? It is nice that it was a freebie, honestly, but be prepared to get raped for the other content just like the 360 owners :cry: .

Well to be fair I was only asking about shivering isles. And if that was the case then what was the point of giving KotN? It is nice that it was a freebie, honestly, but be prepared to get raped for the other content just like the 360 owners :cry: .

Because, as I recall, KotN was designed to be available from the get-go. The problem was, in Oblivion you spend quite a deal of time amassing wealth to be able to buy a home, etc, and you have the add-on software that gives you bigger and better stuff absolutely free in the game.

The priory in KotN is pretty simple, and its basically just a place to sleep and store a few things. Not a full home or source of revenue by any means.

Back