New gaming LCD From Toshiba 23in and 32in 5ms

I think Nyo is actually Reverend. He's trying to convince people that we DO need an IGNORE button.
Well, I'm sold. Revvy, enough now, you've convinced me....

;)

Somewhat back OT, I have dual 21" CRTs from IBM, both run at 2048x1536 at 70hz and 1600x1200 at 89Hz, I bought them both used with 1 year warranty for 400€ (BOTH, 200 each)... is really something to enter the room and see The Beasts(TM). I would never change the CRT quality for a LCD... at least not for those that are affordable.

Nyo_S22 said:
Is that normal dio, i thought new lcd's were around 5 years??? What monitor are u running for games
I work during the day on a 22" CRT and a 19" CRT (two different machines rather than dual - I've tried a dual 22" setup and it didn't do me any favours). I keep threatening to splurge on a pair of 20" flatpanels...

For playing games I use an LG 18" flatpanel, which has an incredible picture. Far better than the CRT's in every respect, although part of the reason for that is that it has a 'hyper-real' gamma ramp (if I'm editing images I always prefer the flatpanel, because it gives me a much clearer view into shadowy parts of the image).

That's the one which has picked up a bit of 'crystal memory' on the white bits of the Word logo. As I understand it, because it's had so much white on there for so long, the crystals get used to it and so get slightly 'sticky' when white pixels appear there for long enough.

As I said, moving my icons around has made the problem disappear and I wasn't able to regenerate it the last time I tried. I have seen one LCD with conventional 'burn in', but that was in a lab at ATI, on 24/7 for multiple years.

london-boy said:
Nyo_S22 said:
What happens if its plasma ;)

Plasma and computer don't go together... Burn in's occurr, and you don't want to have to buy new plasma TVs every year or so.
Not sure if this post was tongue-in-cheek, but that is a gross exaggeration at best. The half-life of modern plasma subpixels is something like 50,000 hours, with some panels significantly higher.

HEY you ever hear of visual light, it is radiation, if the lcd did not have any radiation coming from it you couldn't see it.

OMG a new invention.
New from Sxott's industry for morons
The black monitor :
A new flat black display emits no radiation and absorbs it all, the response time is .00001 ms or however long it takes to excite an electron while absorbing incoming light. Contrast ratio 0: And best of all no harmful radiation will be forced on the poor eyes of the veiwer who won't even be able to see it if he switches off the light.

KnightBreed said:
london-boy said:
Nyo_S22 said:
What happens if its plasma ;)

Plasma and computer don't go together... Burn in's occurr, and you don't want to have to buy new plasma TVs every year or so.
Not sure if this post was tongue-in-cheek, but that is a gross exaggeration at best. The half-life of modern plasma subpixels is something like 50,000 hours, with some panels significantly higher.

Erm, no, i wasn't talking about the average life expectancy of a Plasma display. I was talking about burn-ins which occurr when the same static image is displayed for a long period of time (think your desktop, or all the menus while working with any kind of programs, like Word or Excel, all the things that "don't move" for a long period of time).
In Plasma displays, this still occurrs, in LCD ones it doesn't at all for obvious reasons.

london-boy said:

Much less of an issue nowadays.

Did anyone notice, there are two (hopefully) of them...

Nyo_S22

Nyo_S23

Back