Show us your gaming set-up - PC Edition!

All I really need to is sort out the fan curves to quiet my PC down as it's a little too loud for my liking, which may included moving to a mATX mainboard to give me some additional fan headers.

How many fans do you have? Seems like 6 going by the picture. Should be enough with 2 headers using splitters and the third for the pump.

How many fans do you have? Seems like 6 going by the picture. Should be enough with 2 headers using splitters and the third for the pump.

There's 7, one is hidden in the NVME cooler.

Because the mesh grill of the case they all need different curves to minimise the noise and I need 4 headers to that fat.

Or I get one of those PCI slot controllers.

I though I'm in /r/onlyfans subreddit, 🤣

Seriously tho, does that many fans really make the air flows that much better and result in that much temperature difference?

The other downside, at least in my case, is a bit of paranoia regarding burn in...
I hope when it comes to pass, it won't result in an unusable monitor!!!

I'd highly recommend a second monitor for things you want up all the time. Even something like a portable USB display to hold the taskbar and stuff. And to play games in a window if you do long gaming sessions (so you can vary the position of static elements by moving the window occasionally).

That said, I've gotten a little lazier about moving windows around (still have taskbar and other semi-permanent windows on a secondary display) and I still have zero permanent burn-in on my LG CX (over 3 years old now). I also haven't disabled any of the burn-in prevention measures that LG has on the display, so that helps.

Also, panel brightness is calibrated for a dimly lit room, so that greatly reduces the chance of permanent burn-in.

I'd probably be more paranoid about this stuff if I had a Samsung OLED panel as they appear to be more susceptible to burn in.

Regards,
SB

and I still have zero permanent burn-in on my LG CX (over 3 years old now).

My lg cx is over 2 years and PLEX logo already faintly burned in. Despite it never appear longer than a few seconds every time the plex app was launched.

I have not tried using the manual pixel refresher tho.

And it could be due to the latest few fw update. As the image quality keeps changing. Sometimes in update made it darker, etc.

My lg cx is over 2 years and PLEX logo already faintly burned in. Despite it never appear longer than a few seconds every time the plex app was launched.

I have not tried using the manual pixel refresher tho.

And it could be due to the latest few fw update. As the image quality keeps changing. Sometimes in update made it darker, etc.

I wonder if heat and humidity affect it? I know it's way more humid and hot where you live.

Regards,
SB

I'd highly recommend a second monitor for things you want up all the time. Even something like a portable USB display to hold the taskbar and stuff. And to play games in a window if you do long gaming sessions (so you can vary the position of static elements by moving the window occasionally).

That said, I've gotten a little lazier about moving windows around (still have taskbar and other semi-permanent windows on a secondary display) and I still have zero permanent burn-in on my LG CX (over 3 years old now). I also haven't disabled any of the burn-in prevention measures that LG has on the display, so that helps.

Also, panel brightness is calibrated for a dimly lit room, so that greatly reduces the chance of permanent burn-in.

I'd probably be more paranoid about this stuff if I had a Samsung OLED panel as they appear to be more susceptible to burn in.

Regards,
SB
Thanks for the suggestions!
I have the taskbar hidden, but I don't have enough space for a second screen...!
I thought about the brightness a lot... I really like it relatively bright, but I'll consider lowering it...
But, man, I cannot bring myself to play games in a window...
The screen size is so immersive, I don't think I can go back to smaller screens!!!

Thanks for the suggestions!
I have the taskbar hidden, but I don't have enough space for a second screen...!
I thought about the brightness a lot... I really like it relatively bright, but I'll consider lowering it...
But, man, I cannot bring myself to play games in a window...
The screen size is so immersive, I don't think I can go back to smaller screens!!!

One of the benefits of a 55" display. Playing in a window is still HUGE. :D

Regards,
SB

The fan controller actually works really well but the pump noise on the AIO is shit, the worst I've ever known, I live Thermalright stuff, I have 14 fans, 5 air coolers, 3 NVME cooler and 2 AIO's of theirs but their AIO's all have crap pumps in terms of noise.

So I've rebuilt the PC in a spare case I had and gone back to (shock) a Thermalright air cooler.

IMG20240113233914.jpg

Rebuilt it again (6th time in 12 months!)

Gone back to ATX and a Lian Li 011 Air Mini.

My Zotac graphics card was faulty so that was replaced by Scan with an ASUS TUF 4070ti, that also has the most horrendous coil whine I've ever heard so that's now also going back to be replaced.

I've also found the Aqua Computer OCTO, and I am god damn in love with this little thing, my PC is super quiet and it's also managed to tame the loud pump noise so the air cooler in the picture has now been replaced by a 240mm AIO.

NVME Heatsinks look cool and keep my NVME under 45c.

I need to get some more fans (Around 5) and also a dedicated sound card with a built in head phone amplifier.

NVME Coolers.jpg

Complete.jpg

Just to make this a little more real here's my desk currently. This is about as bad as it gets and I'm cleaning it up today since I need to replace my speakers. Bubbles is hiding behind my monitor, have at it:

1707767104619.png

Back