Show us your gaming set-up - PC Edition!

Why is the PC section so dead?

Anyway, after yet another case and hardware change I wondered what everyones set-up is.

Mine:

• Ryzen 5 7600 clocked to 5.35Ghz via PBO
  • ASUS B650E-I Gaming ITX motherboard (PCIEX 5.0 on the PCIEX slot and M.2 slot :mrgreen:)
  • 32GB Corsair DDR5 6000MT/s
  • Zotac 4070ti Trinity OC (Currently with a broken RGB strip so will be sent for repair next week, perfect excuse for an upgrade?)
  • ASUS AP102 case (Got this today and it's actually quite awesome!)
  • ASUS Tuff power 850w PSU (Also got this today, cables are stupidly flexible and gives the full 600w down the 12+4 GPU cable)
  • WD 1TB Gen 4 NVME for Windows and general file storage
  • Crucial 2TB Gen 4 NVME for game storage
  • Thermalright 360mm AIO
  • Thermalright TL-C12PRO fans
  • Thermalright NVME coolers (Yes I'm a Thermalright fan boy, I have 7 of their coolers, 2x Fan controllers and other stuff they make just randomly hanging around 🤷‍♂️)

All of that powers an Alienware AW3423DWF QD-OLED Ultrawide monitor that's sitting on a desk from Amazon.

PXL_20231230_001510873.MP.jpg

They're so bloody expensive these days! A new gaming PC would never get to the top of our household expenses. Also cross gen meant that until this year there was very little that didn't run adequately on my ancient 1060.

My wife wanted to play Baldur's Gate, so my brother in law gifted her a new rig. He then built me a mirror of it too. Incredibly generous of him (although he was clearly having a great time building them!).

• i5 13600K
  • ASUS TUF Z790
  • EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Dark CPU Cooler
  • Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR5-6200
  • ASUS Dual RTX 4070 OC
  • Samsung 2TB 980 Pro
  • Samsung 4TB 870 QVO
  • Corsair RM850x Shift modular PSU
  • Corsair 5000D case
  • Razor Nommo Speakers
I bought myself an Omen 34c monitor, which is reasonable enough. Desk is work supplied since I wfh. I added an arm for my laptop as fairly tight on space. Also added a cable tray from Ikea, which is quite good.

Keyboard's a Corsair K60 mechanical low profile (not in this pic)

1703973529715.png

1703973572362.png
1703973749952.png

Last edited:

Anyway, after yet another case and hardware change I wondered what everyones set-up is.

Mine:

• Ryzen 5 7600 clocked to 5.35Ghz via PBO
  • ASUS B650E-I Gaming ITX motherboard (PCIEX 5.0 on the PCIEX slot and M.2 slot :mrgreen:)
  • 32GB Corsair DDR5 6000MT/s
  • Zotac 4070ti Trinity OC (Currently with a broken RGB strip so will be sent for repair next week, perfect excuse for an upgrade?)
  • ASUS AP102 case (Got this today and it's actually quite awesome!)
  • ASUS Tuff power 850w PSU (Also got this today, cables are stupidly flexible and gives the full 600w down the 12+4 GPU cable)
  • WD 1TB Gen 4 NVME for Windows and general file storage
  • Crucial 2TB Gen 4 NVME for game storage
  • Thermalright 360mm AIO
  • Thermalright TL-C12PRO fans
  • Thermalright NVME coolers (Yes I'm a Thermalright fan boy, I have 7 of their coolers, 2x Fan controllers and other stuff they make just randomly hanging around 🤷‍♂️)

All of that powers an Alienware AW3423DWF QD-OLED Ultrawide monitor that's sitting on a desk from Amazon.

View attachment 10416

I have those speakers!

My wife also has Pebble V2's and they're pretty good. I snagged the Nommo's I'm using 2nd hand for the same price though. Very nice to my admittedly tone deaf ears.

Get your pitchforks ready folks ... 😂

IMG_0792.jpg

32-inch Dell UP3218K (7680x4320)
Mac Studio (M2 Max)
2TB Samsung 990 Pro (USB4 NVMe enclosure)
2TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus (TB3 NVMe enclosure)
Magic Keyboard with Touch ID and Numpad
Magic Mouse
Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming mouse
Logitech G840 XL Gaming mouse pad and old silicone wrist rest
Sennheiser cans
Table with electric height adjustment measuring 150 x 62 cm (salvaged from the CRT era so it can lift 250 kg and made of solid steel and aluminum, it originally held a much deeper desk in two parts that could tilt and lift the CRT screen separately)

I usually change between sitting and standing if I am doing prolonged sessions in front of the screen. I also have a footrest.

Still working on cable management but need to install network sockets with keystones in the wall (behold the ethernet cable dangling down from the wall) and run ethernet, paint the walls and put up better lighting 😅

Last edited:
Get your pitchforks ready folks ... 😂

View attachment 10460

32-inch Dell UP3218K (7680x4320)
Mac Studio (M2 Max)
2TB Samsung 990 Pro (USB4 NVMe enclosure)
2TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus (TB3 NVMe enclosure)
Magic Keyboard with Touch ID and Numpad
Magic Mouse
Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming mouse
Logitech G840 XL Gaming mouse pad and old silicone wrist rest
Sennheiser cans
Table with electric height adjustment measuring 150 x 62 cm (salvaged from the CRT era so it can lift 250 kg and made of solid steel and aluminum, it originally held a much deeper desk in two parts that could tilt and lift the CRT screen separately)

I usually change between sitting and standing if I am doing prolonged sessions in front of the screen. I also have a footrest.

Still working on cable management but need to install network sockets with keystones in the wall (behold the ethernet cable dangling down from the wall) and run ethernet, paint the walls and put up better lighting 😅

'PC edition'......so bin your Mac 😂👀

Clean set-up though 👌

13600K + Deepcool AK400
Z790 Gigabyte UD AC
32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-5600
4070 MSI Ventus 3x
1TB Corsair MP600
2TB MSI Spatium 480
Cougar MX-330G
Corsair RM750e

You could use homeplug if it's fast enough for you
Luckily I just need to run the cables in the wall like 2 meters straight down through the floor to the ground floor where my rack is located under the stairwell 😅

The Mac Studio has 10Gbps ethernet and WiFi 6E, so it is well connected 👍🏼

LG 45GR95QE-B ultrawide
Phantecs Evolve X
Asus Rog Z-390-e Gaming
32 GB DDR4 3200
Gigabyte 4080 Gaming OC
Samsung 860 1TB ssd
Crucial P5 Plus 2 TB nvme
Corsair Force MP510 1 TB
View attachment 10464

How's the monitor look?

Seen loads of reviews that praised its picture quality, but most commented the PPI wasn't high enough for gaming.

How have you found it in reality?

How's the monitor look?

Seen loads of reviews that praised its picture quality, but most commented the PPI wasn't high enough for gaming.

How have you found it in reality?
I only have it a week now. :)
It's amazing for games, it doesn't compare to my older 32 inch 1440p VA.
I was playing Warfame at 240 hz and it <almost> felt like playing on a crt.
The only thing thing still lagging behind, is the response.
I guess it needs a few hundred hz more for everything to be crystal clear in quick camera swings.
As for the PPI, it is quite low.
But a combination of decent distance and, in my case, high myopia :p , negate that problem.
If I had to guess though, I'd say that if someone is coming from a 4K monitor (edit: come to think of it, more likely anything other than 1080p), they'd find the resolution lacking...

The other downside, at least in my case, is a bit of paranoia regarding burn in...
I hope when it comes to pass, it won't result in an unusable monitor!!!

Last edited:
Back