New Forza Screens! (yes they look good)

This game has potential but as of now it looks mediocre due to the color scheme and perhaps lightning. If they make the colors less intense and more realistic then it would look far better and wonderful to.:idea:

This game has potential but as of now it looks mediocre due to the color scheme and perhaps lightning. If they make the colors less intense and more realistic then it would look far better and wonderful to.:idea:

Part of the problem there is the black border they use around the cars, it's an exaggeration and makes the cars almost look cell-shaded at times. I do like the self-shadowing though.

Some of the damage looks ok, but a lot of it looks very gimmicky like last time. I really don't like how some of the cars look like someone seriously attempted to remove all the paint from all over the car. That really should be limited to very local areas of impact.

On the other hand, the penalty thing looks interesting. Could be a great benefit to online racing if implemented well.

I am very interested in the possible online race setup - it is very important to be able to control everything, like setting up a race that allows only non-tuned BMW M3 CSLs on a certain type of tire set, etc.

Is there anything known about fuel consumption by the way? And tire wear? Not so much about if they are in, but how they work, what kind of pit-stops you can make now, what your options are there, etc.

I though this was a more serious forum than that!

So I am not allowed to have my own opinion?:???:
When I play a racing game I want it to look as realistic as possible, I have always had a preset for my TV when I played Forza and PGR2 to make the colors less intense and more realistic looking and it made a huge difference. Colors can do much to a game no mether if the textures are made out of photos or hand crafted textures.

I don't know the broken windshield and the destroyed painting don't look that nice. The scratching looks pretty decent, but the textures are also "scratched" when the metal is bended, e.g. the warped hood shouldn't show scratching.
But the deformations look really good.

I don't know the broken windshield and the destroyed painting don't look that nice. The scratching looks pretty decent, but the textures are also "scratched" when the metal is bended, e.g. the warped hood shouldn't show scratching.
But the deformations look really good.

If you mean the 2nd pic is difficult to judge because there is some gosting on the hood.
But i think that there is not scratching on it , it looks to me like the color on the hood is choppy something that is happen also in reality by the deformation of the hood.

If you mean the 2nd pic is difficult to judge because there is some gosting on the hood.
But i think that there is not scratching on it , it looks to me like the color on the hood is choppy something that is happen also in reality by the deformation of the hood.

Actually, I was thinking about the Ferrari hood. It's guess it somehow the combination of reflection plus warping. Ad reality, it's just not very realistic (it's overdone), take a look at some picture @wreckedexotics. It just doesn't look right.

I can't believe anyone is saying this game doesn't look game. Some of those shots look almost real. If this doesn't look good, show me a racer that looks better.

Last edited by a moderator:
This game's looks are far from realistic looking however. The lighting in GT5, though bad, is still much better....and overall seems more realistic (despite the unfinished trees and various foliage).

This game's looks are far from realistic looking however. The lighting in GT5, though bad, is still much better....and overall seems more realistic (despite the unfinished trees and various foliage).

The question is: do we want good looking games or games that tend to look realistic?

FM2 didn't impressed me too much so far, but I expect it to improve in many areas by the time it ships.
BTW any news on GTR 360?

Back