Need for Speed Shift 2

I think you're reaching. :LOL:

You failed to read the rest of my post. I can detect my rear sliding when it appears that I'm going straight or on course, which is confirmed by the tire temperature display on the HUD. It tells me that I have to let off the throttle to maintain traction of the rear tires. Once I let off the throttle and start going straight again, the 'feel' of traction loss is gone and my tires begin to cool down. That's an even better test than your silly, "close your eyes, plug your ears and drive" test. :LOL:

Again, what's important here is whether you can detect traction loss the second it happens without actually seeing it happen so that you can correct it, and I can undoubtedly say that I can.

I'm done as well. I'm tired of you trying to convince me of what I can't feel, especially since you don't even have the hardware to feel it for yourself. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
How can you possibly feel what a RWD car is breaking out at the back when that part of the car isn't even connected to the freakin steering wheel? IRL you feel the rear breaking out in your butt and your back, not by the wheel, that is connected to the wrong side of the car.

Ended up deleting the game off steam last night, after 6 hours I think I've had my fill. Game was fun, but I had some beefs with it. Some cars just bounce around too much I think due to a driving model that makes ants on the road appear as potholes to a vehicles suspension, just too much bouncing around all over the place. I heavily modded my Ford GT after doing a race, then went back and did the same race only to find no difference against opponents. Some cars are just too difficult to control unless you set the diving model to easy, but then you can't win any races because of how aggresively the cpu controls your car at that driving level. AI drivers are all ex crash up derby drivers, they constantly smash into you which can be exceedingly frustrating in a game that has no rewind feature. And ultimately after only 6 hours I kinda feel like I've seen everything I want to see. So it looked great and was fun, but now it's back to GT5 for me.

tongue_of_colicab said:
How can you possibly feel what a RWD car is breaking out at the back when that part of the car isn't even connected to the freakin steering wheel? IRL you feel the rear breaking out in your butt and your back, not by the wheel, that is connected to the wrong side of the car.

Because GT5 partly uses FF to give you feedback on the behaviour of your car to make up for the lack of proper G-forces, but obviously if the rear of your car brakes out that doesn't happen without some sideways force being created on your front tires, which you can then feel in your steering wheel prompting you to countersteer.

The discussion of even the details of this doesn't change the fact that RudeCurve is wrong about the stuff you can learn about driving from games like GT and Forza.

Back