3DMark - Solar Bay Ray Tracing test available now

Remij

Veteran

3DMark Solar Bay tests how Windows and Android devices perform when gaming with ray tracing. Results can be compared between platforms. The Solar Bay stress test shows how performance changes over extended gaming sessions.

Real-time ray tracing brings new levels of realism to in-game graphics. Solar Bay uses Vulkan 1.1 ray tracing to generate realistic real-time reflections on devices running Android or Windows.

Solar Bay’s ray traced workload increases over three stages, with each section increasing linearly by 100%. On PC, Solar Bay complements our heavier ray tracing benchmarks Port Royal and Speed Way. With it’s three ray tracing benchmarks and the Raytracing feature test, 3DMark covers a wide range of ray tracing workloads, making it an excellent way to measure how your PC’s ray tracing performance scales.

ss_b4e831c4c8e86527f860288e047701dc8373ad3d.jpg

Not as technically demanding as their other RT benchmarks, since this just focuses on mirror reflections and nothing else... but I do have to say that I love the idea of this benchmark so much more than their other RT tests. Love seeing all the different mirror reflections happening and it's very clear that we've come a long way in the clarity and detail of the reflections from back in the early RTX days.

ss_b4e831c4c8e86527f860288e047701dc8373ad3d.jpg

Not as technically demanding as their other RT benchmarks, since this just focuses on mirror reflections and nothing else... but I do have to say that I love the idea of this benchmark so much more than their other RT tests. Love seeing all the different mirror reflections happening and it's very clear that we've come a long way in the clarity and detail of the reflections from back in the early RTX days.
Is it due to being cross platform (assuming this will run on iOS when they announce hardware RT (crosses fingers for next month)? There are what 2 Android phones this can run on right now?

Yeah there are a lot of phones that can run it, though it is interesting that the Dimensity 9200 is faster than the other two. Wonder if that is a clock speed advantage rearing its head. Or if it is a driver optimization issue.

Is it due to being cross platform (assuming this will run on iOS when they announce hardware RT (crosses fingers for next month)? There are what 2 Android phones this can run on right now?
I dunno.. but it certainly doesn't work on my Galaxy S22 Ultra :(

Back