NDS Hands-on with the final hardware.

Quincy

I don't need to actually touch the screen to get a very good idea of how well the screen reacts to touch. I've seen people writing on the screen with not a single accuracy problem visible. I've seen people playing games where every touch is responded to accurately. Therefore I can see that the touch screen is not having the problems I have experienced with the PDA's I've used. Which are the same problems Phil was worried about. Whether or not DS's touch screen is more accurate then any PDA out there is immaterial, I didn't say it was.

What my choice of console has to do with anything here is beyond me. But I suppose that was just an attempt to stir up a pissy argument.. :)

P.S. If you have a DS then you should have no problem actually answering Phil's concerns then should you?

I've seen people writing on the screen, with not a single accuracy problem visible. I've seen people playing games where every touch is responded to accurately. Therefore I can see that the touch screen is not having the problems I have experienced with PDA's. Which are the same problems Phil was worried about.

Once again judging something like this by a video clip is foolish IMO. You need to try it yourself and see what it's like.

Whether or not DS's touch screen is more accurate then any PDA out there is both irrelevant and utterly unimportant. I never claimed such a thing in the first place.

If you think it's irrelevant fine, but please don't try and "claim" you didn't say the DS touch screen is more accurate any pocket PC (which includes PDA's in my opinion since they use the same tech). You clearly said that about pocket PC's and i still think you are wrong.

Oh and what my choice of console has to do with anything here is beyond me. But I suppose that was just an attempt to stir up a pissy argument..

Just making an observation teasy. ;) If you judged a console based on a bunch of video clips of games, instead of playing them, I'd say that was pretty silly.

P.S. If you have a DS then you should have no problem actually answering Phil's concerns then?, in which case go ahead.

Well since you answered his question incorrectly to begin with, and I wasn't responding to what he wrote, sure I'll answer his question now. Phil, I assume what you are reffering to is the response time? Not the accracy of the interaction with the screen, but the time it takes to process that interaction before it is visible (accurate or not)?

if yes, I think this depends on the application running. Things like how many resources (CPU cycles) it is using can have an effect on response time. That's a tricky question to ask, as I'm certain it's possible to make an app that has a poor response time if one wanted.

Pocket PCs have basically a per-pixel screen touch screen accuracy. I don't see how DS can be any better than that, and it certainly didn't seem any more accurate from the videos.

This picture below actually shows some really bad writing on the DS screen, but that could simply be because the person has bad writing, not because DS screen is less accurate. I know for sure that I can write nicer looking text on the Pocket PC using the Transcriber, though.

DSC01324.jpg

Guden Oden said:
I touch something else every night before I go to bed and it sure ain't pixels! :devilish:

Yes, it's just one pixel you touch and not many pixels, that's why. ;)

Fredi

Back