Mousepads

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Dang it, I can't believe I did it but I did....I actually spent money and ordered one of them Func 1030 mousepads last night for $24us shipped.

Me and my wife have both been using Ratpadz for years now, and in combination with the MS optical it has been a killer combo.....but I was reading about the Func and thought it might just be a bit more comfy.

Anyone try both? I think half the reason I got it is because it has a mousecord clip and this new MX510's cord just doesn't lay right with my set-up.

I'd be keen on hearing some opinions on this, as I am not using anything besides the desk as a surface for my MX510. :? $24 bones sounds like an awful lot for a mouse surface though.

Just by looking @ the two I'd say that the Ratpadz suits me more due to some extra width. Most pads make me feel cramped for mouse movement (or maybe I'm just a spaz with my mouse). :oops:

-edit- Ratpadz only run around $10-14 which sounds very reasonable... I think DW just made me spend some money. :devilish:

I use a mouse pad with the soft squishy wrist rest.
Its a really big improvement, keeps my wrist nice & straight & comfy.
I highly recommend these for the health of your wrist at the least.

i've got an anielware branded func and it's awsome. i'd never heard of them (func) before, i won this pad at an alienware sponsored LAN about a year or so ago. that little mouse wire clip is pure genius, i might add.

heh, last pad I used was an OLD SCHOOL Everglide thing. think four or five years old. looked like a goddamn boomerang, had no surface to speak of, thick as a brick. my MX700 doesn't miss it--my MX700 misses a decent place to put my mouse (need to get a USB extension cable).

I got it mainly for the mouseclip, the new mx510 I gots cord just ain't hanging right for me. :?

That and I can feel every bump & texture on my Ratpad, which is 6 years old I figured out. :oops:

I use an information security magazine with my mx1000 which at least provides enough surface area for large mouse movements.

Love my mx510 and func 1030 mousepad combo. I've tried no pad, cloth pad, plastic pad, 3m precision surface, and so far I like the feel of the Func the best. It just feels best for gaming (cs:s).

But I don't use the mouseclip. :)

I don't like the ratpadz, they're too damn wide. I have a standard Dell pad that I've turned 90 degrees to make it narrower. Besides, the ratpadz surface looks abrasive to me for the mouse's little feet. I've seen the Func thing in a computer store around here somewhere, lemme know what you think about it, I'd like to buy a new pad myself some day soon. :)

I hate plain plastic pads that make my hand sweat. I like some sort of fabric surface on top of rubber. Just a very standard thing.

I used 3com pms, switched to the ratzpad, then switched to the func, then ended up using a supermat . The supermat is by far the best mousepad I've used. I never run out of room and it's comfortable with a smooth and consistant feel.

Just got this Func and the smooth side is just the bee's nuts! :D

I also really like the lower profile, it's about 1/3 as high as the Ratpad and it's a much more relaxed wrist position. (Not that the Ratpad ever felt uncomfortable, this one just feels more comfy.)

I also really like the "rubber mat with insert" concept, the sucker stays where I put it and its a ridiculously solid & smooth mousing surface.

My initial impressions are overwhelmingly positive. 8)

Been using funcs since they first came out.. somewhere between 4-5 years ago. The surface is quite durable, should last pretty much indefinitely.

Only complaint I'd have about the design, is that the rubber base is prone to contraction/expansion, depending on heat from your hand resting on it, or the worst, it drying out and no longer being able to have the surface able to insert inside the rubber.

Back