Motorstorm screens

well, there are amazing screens on that site, just keep changing the number of the pic in the url!

That screenshot is too big, resize it please. :p

But that looks awesome! I wonder what is causing those flames, MEGA TURBO BOOST?!

thanks for those. #29 is particularly ugly ...
Ha ha ha! This screenshot watching does make me laugh. I was out with my camera this morning taking photos, and I see this is the total opposite to how people treat video games. In photography, you take the pics and then sort through to keep the good ones. Here it seems we have people looking through trying to find the bad ones! Is the intention to find the worst possible picture, and from that conclude the worst a game will ever look? I'd have thought to appreciate a game engine, you'd find the very best it can do (with a decent framerate as well). No matter how great the game engine is, there's always going to be parts where a certain view makes it look rubbish, just the same as photographing real life.

I have a doubt about this game. Is this game going to have different kind of mud?

Cuz i remember that in the original trailer the mud looked like it was dunked (combined with water), while in this years showing the mud looked dry, like if you were in the middle of the desert.

I liked the original mud a whole lot more.

I have a doubt about this game. Is this game going to have different kind of mud?

Cuz i remember that in the original trailer the mud looked like it was dunked (combined with water), while in this years showing the mud looked dry, like if you were in the middle of the desert.

I liked the original mud a whole lot more.

Well, like I said a few posts back, I think I saw them mention weather effects on the official EU Sony website in the Motorstorm blurb, meaning Rain and wet-mud, no doubt. So I'm thinking we should probably get both dry and wet mud.

No offense, but this is the most pretentious nonsense I've read on a gaming related forum today... and thats saying something.

Pretentious nonsense? Or are you a frothing MGS [edit : F@NBOY, the stars look worse than the real word]?

I've seen the trailers are shots. WHAT LOOKS GOOD ABOUT MGS4?

[edit : I've been thinking MGS4 looked bad for some time, so if you're going to critisize my posts, please back up your claims...
I want to know what ANYONE finds so attractive about MGS4? It's a bad looking game, but of course ******s are going to defend it too and nail.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally these screens look better than the 2005 e3 video... I love it! Now thats power

I know you're a unbiased gamer. But you've stated Resistence is in the same level as Crysis and now this... I need some of what ever you've got over there. :p

Pretentious nonsense? Or are you a frothing MGS [edit : F@NBOY, the stars look worse than the real word]?

I've seen the trailers are shots. WHAT LOOKS GOOD ABOUT MGS4?

[edit : I've been thinking MGS4 looked bad for some time, so if you're going to critisize my posts, please back up your claims...
I want to know what ANYONE finds so attractive about MGS4? It's a bad looking game, but of course ******s are going to defend it too and nail.]

Harsh! I'm an X fan and most guys here know my post history isn't Sony biased, but MGS4 is a system seller. You're right about its visuals if you look at a screen here or there it doesn't jump out at you. But that's the point. The graphics are subdued and realistic. Best thing about the MGS video that I saw was the animation which of course with it being a scripted video we don't know how well that will translate to the actual game but if they manage to get close and keep the same level of detail and the environmental fx and the lighting then ... well I'll just say I'll be a bit jealus :cry: ... or :D if they port/multi it:p

I see your point though with MS. It's a great looking game and they have done an admirable job getting close to the CG of last year. Anyone know how long they've been working on this game?

Harsh! I'm an X fan and most guys here know my post history isn't Sony biased, but MGS4 is a system seller. You're right about its visuals if you look at a screen here or there it doesn't jump out at you. But that's the point. The graphics are subdued and realistic. Best thing about the MGS video that I saw was the animation which of course with it being a scripted video we don't know how well that will translate to the actual game but if they manage to get close and keep the same level of detail and the environmental fx and the lighting then ... well I'll just say I'll be a bit jealus :cry: ... or :D if they port/multi it:p

I see your point though with MS. It's a great looking game and they have done an admirable job getting close to the CG of last year. Anyone know how long they've been working on this game?

Yes, MGS4 would start to look good to me with some good dynamic lighting and if the animations of the cutscenes carry over, at least for the most part, into the action.

I guess MGS4 isn't a 'bad' looking game in my mind, but it's not too much over 'par', as of yet.

I think the biggest point I should make is, MGS4 is still a ways from completion, they are on brand new hardware, and probably haven't had good final hardware to work on until very recently. There's still a lot of ways they could improve the look, which I expect to happen (all the other MGS games have come somewhat later in console cycles, although I can't really remember clearly how early MGS2 was first being shown).

Back