Motorstorm screens

Angelcurio

Regular
Now this is an UPGRADE. Judging by those little screens though.

Those were posted by solidsnakex on neogaf:

h-104_59730_m012.jpg.jpg

h-104_59730_m013.jpg.jpg

h-104_59730_m014.jpg.jpg

h-104_59730_m018.jpg.jpg

h-104_59730_m017.jpg.jpg

h-104_59730_m016.jpg.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/2006/09/08/104,1157683258,59730,0,0.html

Now I've always felt the physics and effects in this one have been pretty nice. It's the low-res textures that are jarring and that we can't see with these 2 inch size screens.

This will be one of the top launch games though IMO.

What I'm about to say won't be a popular opinion, but this is the best looking PS3 title, by far. People have actually played the game (at E3) and it looked nearly this good, too.

People might bring up MGS4 or something, but that game isn't exactly looking good. People see MGS4 and think to themselves that it looks good because it's Metal Gear Solid. People no longer can objectively see MGS games...

[edit : from what I've seen of E3 era videos the game looks nearly or as good as these shots in gameplay. We still haven't seen MGS4 gameplay shots (although the game will have more time in development than this game, by the time things are over and done with)]

Last edited by a moderator:
wow that looks good, but this is definately one of those games that need to be seen in motion to take the full feeling in. Can't wait to see some video of this.

edit:
what the hell is that street bike doing in the mud though? :LOL:

I just remembered something.

We've been hearing for a while that Motorstorm wouldn't be a launch title in US and Japan, but WOULD in Europe. This was known for a few months.

Could it be PS3's European delay has been in the works for some time?

Amazing!!!

I couldn't have told you what it feels like to be "un-kicked" in the balls until I saw these!!! Praise Allah!

This is starting to look damn good, I want to see some hi-res stuff though, the last shots weren't that great in full resolution. The lighting is really, really nice...

People might bring up MGS4 or something, but that game isn't exactly looking good. People see MGS4 and think to themselves that it looks good because it's Metal Gear Solid. People no longer can objectively see MGS games...

No offense, but this is the most pretentious nonsense I've read on a gaming related forum today... and thats saying something.

wow that looks good, but this is definately one of those games that need to be seen in motion to take the full feeling in. Can't wait to see some video of this.

edit:
what the hell is that street bike doing in the mud though? :LOL:

It's not a streetbike it's a supermoto. Like a big enduro.

It's not a streetbike it's a supermoto. Like a big enduro.

I thought supermoto was dirt bikes.
h-104_59730_m014.jpg.jpg

that looks more like a old school street bike than a dirtbike imo.

This on the other hand is definately a dirt bike...
h-104_59730_m012.jpg.jpg

An enduro is like a dirtbike that's barely streetlegal. ie, headlight/turnsignals. A supermoto is more of a crossover, but still based on a dirtbike. Usually with slicker tires, lower ride height less travel and sometimes even with an upper fairing like you see in the pic up there. The bike in the pic also appears to be a 1 cylinder. Streetbikes are almost always 4, and sometimes 2 or 3.

Ah ok, I stand corrected then. Thanks for the explanation. I have nothing to complain about then, the game looks great. :) Hope to see it motion some more, like the 720p trailer before.

Of course it could be a sweet hackjob because the fairing itself looks like it's off an old gixxer. Which would be cool because frankenstein bikes are one of the cooler things in motorbike culture. My bike is a bit of a freakshow that way. At least it was before we almost killed each other last week.

Of course it could be a sweet hackjob because the fairing itself looks like it's off an old gixxer. Which would be cool because frankenstein bikes are one of the cooler things in motorbike culture. My bike is a bit of a freakshow that way. At least it was before we almost killed each other last week.

Interesting theory on the frankenstein bike. Btw, glad you and your bike are ok. :)
Always wanted a bike (gsxr 600 to be exact), maybe in a few years when I'm out of school.

Thank you for the sentiment. Unfortunatly me and my bike are not okay. =( That's why I'm posting here. I've lurked for almost a year but now I'm on my ass for a month.

I'm feeling squirmy. It's time for either a smoke or a vicadin.

Ah, sorry to hear. If it helps, It does sound like motorstorm will be your type of game though. :)

Back