Motorstorm (PS3)

TrollFace said:
Hmm. Maybe it will be up to the player which movement will be triggered by a certain button or tilt in the final game. Like the normal control-options in the gamemenu's for dozens of games nowaydays, where one can adjust adjust the controls, and dedicate certain buttons manually to certain moves, or giving the player an option for several pre-programmed alternative control-schemes to choose from.

Yes, I would like to see a programmable interface, I want to look out the side of my vehicle, see if my buddy is down in the ditch and attempt to land my truck on his head! :)

Online play is going to be insane!

Car view

Titanio said:
Nice to see the cockpit view :D You can see the tire detail on the quad bike at one point as it passes, really well, and it's just crazy.

View from car is very amazing but view from behind car is not so great. Also, quad bike tire is maybe too clean. Unfortunate graphics part is also trees and grass which I feel are not so great and like old-gen. But effects and lighting are amazing, also physics and ground changes is most amazing for me.

I think the biggest difference between the real game and the CG E3 2005 video is the lack of smoke/dust when they are on dirt instead of mud.

Wow the difference between cockpit view and behind car is amazing!:D Really nice and funny clip!
I agree, with some dust and smoke it's moving close towards the CG render IMO.

I think what they need to work on is the mud and dirt effects. Having more detail weeds on the ground would help. Beside all that, the game looks fun.

The bonnet view has changed my mind on this game. I wasn't impressed before, but that looks much better. Nice details on all the vehicles, and the particle effects look more convincing in-car. You also get to see the environment in that view, and I'm impressed. I'm sure the view on more open tracks will be spectacular.

I want to see dirt sections with the big rooster tails as DemoCoder pointed out. No reason they can't have it, since the PS2 has it from GT3. I want nice, big, volumetric dust clouds. I'd also like to see some of the more spectacular jumps like we saw in the original trailer. The physics is there though. Lots of carnage, and it seems very interactive. PEACE.

Me too. I was a little shocked that he ran over the other driver. But the game looks a lot more fun in cockpit mode.

BlueTsunami said:
Its confirmed to be Online. They are aiming for 16 People I believe.
:) yes i know (its what i'm dying to try), but thank you anyway
i meant "offline" regarding to this post:
Tap In said:
that the tilt controller will be used for punching/kicking gestures toward knocking other players offline (Road Rash style)

i want to kick guys online as well lol

dskneo said:
:) yes i know (its what i'm dying to try), but thank you anyway
i meant "offline" regarding to this post:

Ahh ok, hadn't noticed that :p

Thats a peculiar thing, I would think this would be doable online too.

One thing I noticed missing from this build is that during the cockpit view in the target render the head of the driver(or "your" eyes) moved independendly from the car's direction giving the impression that it was you who was driving the vehicle.

They should add this in the final game.

What good is deformable terrain if you can't feel it as you drive over it?

It might make for pretty graphics, but it's going to feel like driving on glass.

Powderkeg said:

It might make for pretty graphics, but it's going to feel like driving on glass.

You cant? I thought this was one of the things they were considering to include in the game

For example like deforming the surface which later would dry making the road harder to drive on. I thought they mentioned this at GDC

Nesh said:
You cant? I thought this was one of the things they were considering to include in the game

For example like deforming the surface which later would dry making the road harder to drive on. I thought they mentioned this at GDC
Your correct, but i think he is referring to the rumble feature. Honestly, the rumble feature is nice to have no doubt, but I think I'll get over it after about 5-10 minutes with any game.

Powderkeg said:

for once i agree with you....

although i heard evolution stutions never implemented Rumble in their racing games?

anyway, rumble will be missed

Well, its always better to visually see realistic behaviour instead of rumble suggesting you something which isn't even there. (like many last gen games did)

dskneo said:
for once i agree with you....

although i heard evolution stutions never implemented Rumble in their racing games?

anyway, rumble will be missed

Hmm...its been a long time since I playied WRC....but I think it supported vibration.

Back