Motorstorm 2

On my 26" monitor it looks just a tad bit..blockier than things i know run native 720. Like i say its no biggie. Ill just sit further back from my monitor ;)

I'm just wondering what could make you think that. I think it could be either the motion blur not being full resolution all the time (have to check) or the textures when zoomed in on all the way (as you would have in certain angles) becoming a little blocky, not sure.

Anyway, on the 1up yours show (and to some extent also the 1up show) they talk about this game and especially on the 1up yours show John and Shane are just as raving about MS2 as most of us who also played it. ;) John rated it an A, they mention how they don't understand people not raving about the graphics, and ehm, mention Pure (but lets not discuss that particular bit further here).

Yeah, for me its just some of the best and most consistent gfx seen so far, and not a hiccup in framerate. Pures decent but next to this? only one winner, a CLEAR winner. I think my resolution query may be to do with smoke and water fx seen from distance, the surrouning geo becomes jagged (something to do with the shader tech?). Apologies if im not making myself clear, im sure theres a proper technical answer, but im just a lowly musician 8(.

Finally played it last night at Gamestop on a demo unit. Honestly wasn't that impressed, is the retail version that much better than the demo?

I have the original, played it for a couple of days and it's been collecting dust since, so I'm reluctant to get it at this point.

Finally played it last night at Gamestop on a demo unit. Honestly wasn't that impressed, is the retail version that much better than the demo?

In one word. YES !

The demo felt like a new level in MS 1. MS 2 (retail) has more stunning visuals and much more gameplay options.

Sony should re-release the closer to retail version demo on PSN.

I think I downloaded it, but haven't played it yet. When I was Gamestop, it was on the demo kiosk and I decided to give it a go. I'd probably have to play a better version of the demo before I decide to purchase.

There is just too many games that I want to get this holiday.

There is just too many games that I want to get this holiday.

Happens to everyone bro. ^_^

Speaking to your original concern, MS 2 is great game; one of the best this fall for me. You should be able to find many people with the same opinion.

I have great respect for most opinions on B3D, but if I get MS2, something has to drop...maybe. Like I said, an improved demo may seal it for me.

Hell to be honest, I may get it anyway, but it would make my apprehension a lot easier to overcome.

I may check to see if any of my PS3 owning friends has picked it up.

You are certainly free to choose anything you fancy.

I think at this point, your best bets are your friends' copy or rental. Even the latest gameplay video was only 80% complete.

Downloaded and watched the 1up show. I must say it looks really good.
If you had to pick between the 2. This or LBP, which would you choose?

I know there are in a different genre, but if you could only have one.

saw It at PS Experience expo yesterday , man, it looks Awesome !!!:D The demo looked bland in comparison to the game I saw yesterday !!! Rocking Evolution Studios !!! need to promote it better !!

Downloaded and watched the 1up show. I must say it looks really good.
If you had to pick between the 2. This or LBP, which would you choose?

I know there are in a different genre, but if you could only have one.

As said I would (in fact I have ;) ) make sure to get both somehow, but for my personal taste, I would get LBP simply because I'm into the create part of the thing and I'm fairly sure in terms of hours per dollar/euro value, LBP would eventually win by a mile.

So glad I didn't have to make that choice though. ;)

I saw Motorstorm 2 last night and played a little split-screen. Racers aren't generally my thing, and this one did my head in! The vehicles control like they're on ice - they don't turn! I stuck with the bike in the end as the only one I tried that actually went right when I turned right. And the open courses were also confusing for a first-time racer as you don't really know which way to go.

On the plus-side, motion steering is in the game (which I didn't race with). I accidentally turned it on in the car selection screen on the third or forth race. There are three control layouts at the vehicle selection screen. Press Square to change layout. I think Layout 2 was motion steering.

Layout 3 is the motion steering and I love it.

As a contrast to Shifty, I do like arcade racers like this and MS2 is a blast, much more fun than MS1. As for the steering, I like it the way it is, it might feel like ice sometimes, but driving through mud or skitting down a hillside, basically means line up at the beginning of the stretch, hit boost and hope there aint any small rocks in your path that will take you off course.

Anybody that got this game and want to play a bit online, inbetween LBP, just add me to their PSN.

I saw Motorstorm 2 last night and played a little split-screen. Racers aren't generally my thing, and this one did my head in! The vehicles control like they're on ice - they don't turn!

They only do this when you have a bad choice of vehicle for the terrain you are on, plus you can power break if you need to.

I can believe that, but in multiplayer there were no statistic or pointers for the vehicles. And to be fair, the mud-buggy rig thing was just as rubbish in the mud as on the grass ;)

I can believe that, but in multiplayer there were no statistic or pointers for the vehicles. And to be fair, the mud-buggy rig thing was just as rubbish in the mud as on the grass ;)

Yes there is. And really...it is much better on mud than the others. You're going bloody fast Shifty so use a mixture of handbrake and boost. Handbrake and boost.

As Deep said, i find the handbrake much more in use than MS1, a mixture of techniques is required but very rewarding!

I never bought MS1, but in the demo, what I found effective was to use the handbrake to point my nose in the right direction, then hit the boost.

Back