Motorstorm 2

I don't remember the indicator caught fire in the Qore demo.

That's just because he's close to the lava and so the boostindicator warms up. It's a gameplay mechanic. Driving through water cools it down. Since there's no lava or fire in the Qore demo, the boostindicator doesn't catch fire.

Cool, the Qore demo is really just scratching the surface then. The trailer I linked to shows some water facility to cool down vehicles too.

Yes the pics don't do the demo justice, but the demo you have is definately the right one. The left one is FAR improved over what you're playing. Better lighting, better foliage, better colour pallette...and on looking at footage, better textures.
If you are saying the pics are not accurate representations of the Qore MS2 demo, I'm totally in agreement. Those pictures on the right have no polish on the vehicles and no sunlight reflections, etc. I'm also aware that what I've been playing is not exactly the one on the left either (lack of vegetation, etc.).

In other words, if the one on the right is really the Qore MS2 demo that I have, then someone edited the pictures to look much poorer than what I see in a direct comparison. It's cool. I know the actual game will look better than what I played. It's also a day one purchase for me. I enjoyed the improvements over the 1st one.

If you are saying the pics are not accurate representations of the Qore MS2 demo, I'm totally in agreement. Those pictures on the right have no polish on the vehicles and no sunlight reflections, etc. I'm also aware that what I've been playing is not exactly the one on the left either (lack of vegetation, etc.).

In other words, if the one on the right is really the Qore MS2 demo that I have, then someone edited the pictures to look much poorer than what I see in a direct comparison. It's cool. I know the actual game will look better than what I played. It's also a day one purchase for me. I enjoyed the improvements over the 1st one.

Gamersydes gameplay video looks a lot like the 'not so flattering version'

It's cool. I know the actual game will look better than what I played.

How do you know this?

I have never experienced that a demo is significantly different from the retail version. All the demo's ive tried this generation, turned out to be exactly the same as the final thing with minor differences in say framerate etc.

I didn't know you had a PS3 and Qore subscription to compare the pics to the MS2 demo.

How do you know this?

I have never experienced that a demo is significantly different from the retail version. All the demo's ive tried this generation, turned out to be exactly the same as the final thing with minor differences in say framerate etc.

I know this because of some very obvious things. 1) There is an HD video that looks better than what I was playing (and it's compressed to hell). 2) Apparently, the demo I was playing wasn't even an 80% build and missing elements that enrich the experience. 3) I saw the video clips of gameplay after the demo ended.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been playing the demo during the weekend, experimenting with rubberband AI, etc.
While I cannot get over the fact that bikes are faster than cars on that relatively straight, boost happy track, the game is still a blast to play.

Track seems to be designed for reversibility in mind, which explains why it lacks interesting geometry, even the original mostly linear Rain God Mesa had. I hope reversibility was not their primary concern when designing the other tracks.

Anyway, demo is poor in many ways, but game still feels great, looks great, plays great.

This looks like the Qore demo. The trailer I linked to it has the description "80% Complete" in the top left corner.

EDIT: Lucid_Dreamer, your vehicle will get messed up during the race due to wear and tear. We may not notice it because our attention was on the surrounding.

Yeah, the comparison video looks like the Qore demo. I didn't know about the wear and tear aspect. :cool: Man, these 1st and 2nd party games are really starting to standing out from everything else (I looked at your link).

I didn't know you had a PS3 and Qore subscription to compare the pics to the MS2 demo.

Who needs a PS3 or Qore?

And pics you say? The Gamersyde link, in true Gamersyde fashion, has some nice directfeed 720p video ;) B3D even allows you to embed Gamersyde videos into posts.

[gs]8682_en[/gs]

I thought it looked great, but then again, I'm not expecting next generation visuals from a current generation console.

Who needs a PS3 or Qore?

And pics you say? The Gamersyde link, in true Gamersyde fashion, has some nice directfeed 720p video ;) B3D even allows you to embed Gamersyde videos into posts.

[gs]8682_en[/gs]

For me, there's nothing like the direct experience on a big screen TV, because it's how I will be dealing with the finished product. You know, something that hasn't been compressed to hell for internet transmission purposes or possibly edited. However, the video gives you a distant 2nd best situation. It works out best when it is a controlled environment comparison video. That would give you a proper baseline for comparing two different builds. ;)

So to answer your original question, directly, I need a PS3 and Qore. I'm just not use to someone telling me what is and isn't (via crappy pics) about something I've played 1st hand and compared to the pics used set up right in front of my face. My vision is quite good. As was mentioned before, the vid comparison is a much better representation of the MS2 demo I played than the ones on the right side of the photo comparison.

I look forward to a day 1 purchase of MS2 and all the enhancements over MS1 and the MS2 demo. Fun times ahead :D

I'm curious to see how the game will do in sales. The first game sold 3+ million but half of those sales were from bundles. I don't think Sony is putting a lot or market behind the sequel. They seem to focus too much on LBP and R2 for hype, that this title may perform poorly.

I think this will hold up well. The folks who liked the first MotorStorm will almost certainly buy this one shortly after it is available. I played the demo, and the addition of split screen alone sold me. Playing with someone in a room + CPU = tons of fun. Hell, I didn't even enjoy the first motorstorm that much, it was just a pretty showcase title for my shiny new console, lol.

I'm hoping it does well and I pre-ordered based on the visceral experience I had with the first.

As tha_con says, split screen meant it was instant attention grabber - it was something the first was sorely lacking.

Burnout Paradise is amazing...online.

As for Motorstorm 2, I'm really excited to hit some of those tracks with all players playing with motorcycles or monster trucks. THAT will be fun.

Burnout for me was recklessly fast driving while taking down opponents for more and more boost ! Getting lost while racing is just not burnout at all :rolleyes: ! That killed it for me, if they had an option to turn on race track barriers if you want them, then I would have bought it on day one.If they add that feature now, I;ll still buy it, but not without it.

Back