Microsoft Xbox Reveal Event - May 21, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
5B transistors is good for a full Tahiti (32 CUs, 384-bit memory controller, dedicated video hardware, etc.) plus 8 jaguar cores (assuming some 40M transistors each?) and still have some 500M transistors left.

Also a prohibitively large and hot die.

A fair amount of transistors are sunk into the SRAM arrays, 2 x 4MB CPU caches and the 32MB ESRAM is going to be 2B transistors alone, add 2B for a 7790-ish GPU, and you have 1B left over for the CPUs, the audio DSP block, the Kinect DSP, clock network and repeaters.

Sounds about right.

Cheers

Wow, xbox dropping big bucks for Speilberg.

Sci-fi military conflicts by Speilberg? sounds pretty sick.

Edit: LOL i forgot i was watching a game console reveal.

I'm going to assume the games portion of the conference is over. Come on MS... Don't do this.
failfish.png

Halo Television Series.......?

REALLY?

Was a pretty obvious step after the success of the web miniseries and the Spartan Ops stuff. They've had a LOT of youtube views.

It can also build up the eventual movie.

Wired says 8x Xbox GPU -> 1.92 TFLOPs?

worth linking

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2013/05/xbox-one/

Quantifying graphical performance is notoriously squishy. That being said, Microsoft touts the Xbox One as delivering 8 times the graphic performance of the 360. If you were to go by raw transistor count, that performance jump would be closer to tenfold: the Xbox One boasts 5 billion to the 360’s 500 million. More concretely, those paltry 512 MB of memory have been boosted to 8 GB.

plenty of wiggle room. also speaking of the whole system.

Fuck!! Who cares for nfl in europe...for gods sake I am going to get mad...not what I expected to be honest.

Still hope to get some games in this show...

From Wired

Quantifying graphical performance is notoriously squishy. That being said, Microsoft touts the Xbox One as delivering 8 times the graphic performance of the 360. If you were to go by raw transistor count, that performance jump would be closer to tenfold: the Xbox One boasts 5 billion to the 360’s 500 million. More concretely, those paltry 512 MB of memory have been boosted to 8 GB.

I must say the Halo series is a powerful business move. TV series have evolved exceptionally to the point that they are better than movies and have a more powerful effect. It gets everyone talking about the series. Its like a viral effect. A Halo TV series that is as good as the best out will pull more people towards Halo games and the XBOXone. Its great marketing and a great way to encourage people to try the media integrations showcased in the beginning.
The TV series could add more uses and seamless integrations with additional features integrated with Halo gaming and search

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back