Microsoft Xbox One X (XBOX) Reviews and Impressions

That we know of. Since 2015+ they have held back that sort of release information u till the product is 12 months confirmed to launch.

So nothing for at least 12 months then? Certainly nothing major over the next few months (like I said) - unless you think MS will keep some massive secret for no good reason?

So nothing for at least 12 months then? Certainly nothing major over the next few months (like I said) - unless you think MS will keep some massive secret for no good reason?
uhh.. well it depends, most people don't follow the MP scene here so perhaps, most of these will fly under the radar.

PUBG will release this Dec and that's arguably the largest game of this year across any platform.

Then in 2018 there's still Crackdown, Below, Ashen, and Sea of Thieves, and edit: state of decay 2 and Ori 2 sequel, The Last Night. Those are the titles we know of leading up to E3 at least. Most of these AAA titles are MP games. I think the only 4 indies are single player experiences.

Last edited:
Pubg is timed exclusive.

In that list which ones are considered AAA?

Crackdown and Sea of Thieves would be the closest. But some might consider them AA.

State of Decay 2 and Ori are borderline AAA or AA depending on how you look at it.

Out of those, Ori probably has the largest mass consumer appeal.

Regards,
SB

Pubg is timed exclusive.

In that list which ones are considered AAA?
It's coming though right? I don't want to get into the politics of timing; I just know it arrives for Xbox in December and no other console. I don't know when it's coming to PS4, I know it will, I just don't know when. 1X Players will have a new title to look forward to playing this holiday season with their new hardware, with a 1X Enhanced variant in tow.

Crackdown and Sea of Thieves would be the closest. But some might consider them AA.

State of Decay 2 and Ori are borderline AAA or AA depending on how you look at it.

Out of those, Ori probably has the largest mass consumer appeal.

Regards,
SB
Yea that's true, none of the major budget of Halo, Gears or Forza you mean.
MS in general, according to Shanon Loftis, are trying to diversify away from the blockbuster title investments. We're seeing increasing diversification in their portfolio because investment doesn't guaranteed viral returns.

I think as the AA titles increase in popularity, I think MS would be willing to invest more. Right now they seem to be spreading their cash around for different ideas.

It's coming though right? I don't want to get into the politics of timing; I just know it arrives for Xbox in December and no other console. I don't know when it's coming to PS4, I know it will, I just don't know when. 1X Players will have a new title to look forward to playing this holiday season with their new hardware, with a 1X Enhanced variant in tow.
Possibly, along with the rumors that Sony is in negotiations for a PS4 version of PUBG there are also rumors that Microsoft is looking to extend its exclusivity window with the possibility of making it fully exclusive.

All we have to go on is rumors. But if MS wants to negotiate full console exclusivity, they are going to have to pay a LOT of money and/or attempt to buy the developer.

Regards,
SB

Possibly, along with the rumors that Sony is in negotiations for a PS4 version of PUBG there are also rumors that Microsoft is looking to extend its exclusivity window with the possibility of making it fully exclusive.

All we have to go on is rumors. But if MS wants to negotiate full console exclusivity, they are going to have to pay a LOT of money and/or attempt to buy the developer.

Regards,
SB
imo MS can't/won't lock it down. And if they did, they would profit more from having it be multiplatform lol like Minecraft.

The console looks fantastic. Any word on sales yet?

OT related to PUBG: Call me crazy buy i don't see it having the same success on consoles unless some changes are made to shooting mechanics. PUBG comes from Arma, and realistic military shooters are very hard to play with a controller, the experience is not going to be as good IMHO.

OT related to PUBG: Call me crazy buy i don't see it having the same success on consoles unless some changes are made to shooting mechanics. PUBG comes from Arma, and realistic military shooters are very hard to play with a controller, the experience is not going to be as good IMHO.
I'm a little skeptical as well, but, we'll know soon enough. It really comes down to how well they managed the aiming and inventory system I feel. Everything else is fine.
as a TPS it should work, as a FPS I'm not as sure. I suppose it could still work decently.

yeah...supposedly KB&M support is coming to Xbox....PUBG would certainly be the way to introduce it..

Back