MGS4 TGS 2006 trailer = gameplay (+ sound teaser)

one

Unruly Member
Veteran
Hideo Kojima does a podcast blog / internet radio show called "Hidechan Radio" at

http://www.blog.konami.jp/gs/hideoblog/

and in the latest one

http://www.blog.konami.jp/gs/img/hidechan/hidechanradio_105_htao.mp3

it's been confirmed that while the trailers so far were realtime demo sequences, the MGS4 trailer for TGS 2006 is a compilation of gameplay.

Also, from 5:55 to 7:04 in the same mp3, Yumi Kikuchi, one of the voice actors of MGS series and the radio hostess of "Hidechan Radio", watches the trailer and you can hear the sound (and her "oh" and "ah"). You hear roars of metal gears and gunshots. Though some cameras are modified for the trailer and she didn't notice it's a gameplay when she first saw it, Kojima says what she saw was a real gameplay controlled by a player. According to Kikuchi and Kojima the movement of Snake in the new trailer is very inconspicuous and subdued (He's hiding in somewhere?).

Great stuff, can't wait.

There's also going to be a 40 minute presentation on MGS4 on Friday, at TGS. Quite possible they'll run through some of that gameplay live, there and then? Fingers crossed..

There's also going to be a 40 minute presentation on MGS4 on Friday, at TGS. Quite possible they'll run through some of that gameplay live, there and then? Fingers crossed..
Yeah it's very likely. The 40 minutes presentation for MGS4 is scheduled for the second and third day (non-business days) with different guests, too.

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/japanese/event/tgs_2006_event_01.html

The STAGE 5 of the business day (the first day) in the Konami event schedule is the secret "?????? production announcement press conference" so probably it'll be for the MGS movie I guess (well if it's not a Wii game ;) ).

Last edited by a moderator:
Stage 4 on that day is alotted for that 40 minute MGS4 presentation too, so that's probably where all the MGS4 stuff will be..

God damn, MGS4, whenever I hear about new MGS I go like OMFGGG! I can't wait. :D

I sure hope they do a 40 minutes presentation. :LOL:

There's a couple of details filtering out from Japanese press. Apparently the trailer will be 6 minutes long. The little robot from the first trailer is back. And when you shoot, the camera switches to a RE4-like perspective. More soon, I guess :)

Hey guys, please don't post scans.

That said, credit to Bad_boy, apparently these are in the magazine preview...

+ The article has many new pics (obviously)
+ Kojima says, this time the game play style is not that Snake holds a gun while sticking to the wall. He's weltering in mud while camouflaged by Octo-Cam.
+ All the pics on the magazine article are from gameplay.
+ 6 minutes trailer at TGS
+ When Snake shoots a gun the viewpoint looks like Resident Evil 4 but it's unclear it's the final one in the game.

The pictures on the magazine are Snake hiding in a drum, Octo-Cam in action, Snake shooting a gun etc.

thanks one. :D
I've seen the pictures from the magazine, it looks great as usual (yes, even in gameplay).
Can't wait to see the trailer.

I saw the scans but the picture was bad quality so I couldn't really see much from it, if anyone has good quality picture please PM me with the link. :)

TGS can't come soon enough. :(

EDIT: Never mind! Saw better scans and I must say, I CAN'T WAIT! MGS always kills me with wait, I was lucky enough to get my MGS3 few days before launch actually. Whenever I get a new MGS game I play it from the beginning to end without stopping, I just can't stop! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back