"Proper" MGS4 Teaser on PS3 confirmed for TGS

Titanio

Legend
There's an interview with Kojima from the GC up at IGN, and pretty much all you need to know is this:
IGN: Speaking of Metal Gear Solid 4, although we haven't seen a lot about it yet, how has the response been?

Hideo Kojima: Well, actually, we showed the trailer to the Konami employees before E3 and it was not very popular, so I was really kind of upset. After E3 and after we showed the US and the world audience, it made me happy because they had high anticipation from that teaser. Also, we revealed the concepts, and the response was good from all over the world.

At Tokyo Game Show, we actually plan to show not only a teaser, but something from PS3.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/643/643602p1.html

I didn't really expect to see anything of it till next E3, so this is awesome news :D He also hints at MGS4 being online off the bat, unsurprisingly.

Titanio said:
There's an interview with Kojima from the GC up at IGN, and pretty much all you need to know is this:

I didn't really expect to see anything of it till next E3, so this is awesome news :D He also hints at MGS4 being online off the bat, unsurprisingly.

/me Yells "Yes!" and thrusts his hips foward with the resounding "Yes!" in a taboo manner.

I can't wait to see this. Damn...I'm currently imagining how the actual Metal Gear will look on the PS3...:gets all starry eyed:

Titanio said:

Actually IMHO, the interesting thing is this:

David Stockli, Gamesweb: Will we see new Metal Gear games on other platforms than PlayStation systems?

Hideo Kojima: I really cannot say, actually. We have officially announced that we'll bring out something new for the PS3. We don't have specific plans, but I am thinking for other platforms as well.

We might actually see a MGS game on the 360 or Rev. :oops:

I can't wait to see the MGS4 trailer at TGS. ;)

I like the fact that Hideo is more interested in the natural movements of Snake, rather then who great he looks. This guys rises the bar every single time he makes a game for Playstation. We will probably see something that will be better than the Killzone video!!:mrgreen:

this is great news, i cannot wait i tell you. ever since the end of mgs3 ive been dying for more!

Mmmm MGS4 multiplatform? I'm thinking... UnrealEngine3!! :p

Seriously, what are the chances that even Konami will license UE3? If they're looking into multiplatform games, it might be a good choice.

I think Hideo should NEVER, I mean NEVER use the UE3 engine. I wish that he uses what ever he has done in the past. Keep the MGS series alive by keeping it what it is. I would wait an extra year if I have to.

mckmas8808 said:
I think Hideo should NEVER, I mean NEVER use the UE3 engine. I wish that he uses what ever he has done in the past. Keep the MGS series alive by keeping it what it is. I would wait an extra year if I have to.

... The engine would have no impact whatsoever with how the game plays or actually look, if MGS art assets were used, i'd expect it to look like any othe MGS game, just much better...

london-boy said:
... The engine would have no impact whatsoever with how the game plays or actually look, if MGS art assets were used, i'd expect it to look like any othe MGS game, just much better...

And probably cheaper for development too. ;)

im not too sure about that. yeah you could be right if the devs actually worked to go for that look...but you can obviously see when games look like they are on the source engine, doom 3 engine, or ue3, for example.

i think kojima would be fine doing his own stuff.

Bad_Boy said:
im not too sure about that. yeah you could be right if the devs actually worked to go for that look...but you can obviously see when games look like they are on the source engine, doom 3 engine, or ue3, for example.

i think kojima would be fine doing his own stuff.

Thats a good point. Why do games that use a particular engine that it has to look that certain way? I don't understand.

mckmas8808 said:
Thats a good point. Why do games that use a particular engine that it has to look that certain way? I don't understand.

Well you have to look at exactly what games are developer using the same engine.

Obviously a game like GOW will look very similar to the countless shooter-set-in-ruined-city-with-big-guns-and-explosions.

That's not exactly the engine's fault, it's the lack of imagination of certain people.

A football game based on the UE3 (if it were possible obviously) would look nothing like UT2007 or GOW because it's set in an entirely different context.

Obviously and engine will have its strengths and the games will reflect what those strengths are (the Jak engine for example, you could say all games based on the Jak technology look similar, but in the end it's mostly because R&C is also a platformer, with the strength of the engine being long draw distances and no loading times).

You know what I mean?

A MGS game built on the UE3 would look just like MGS2/3 on super-steroids. Not like UT2003/GOW

An update from Kojima Productions/Famitsu:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/649/649116p1.html

Kojima Productions, the Konami subsidiary headed up by Metal Gear Solid producer Hideo Kojima, has announced that its Tokyo Game Show showing for Metal Gear Solid 4 will consist of a trailer running on actual PS3 hardware. The site makes it clear that we won't be getting target rendered footage, but actual PS3-generated footage.

MGS4 should be the main event, though. The latest issue of Famitsu is promising a huge update on the game in its next issue, so we expect the game's TGS showing to be pretty big.

:D

Titanio said:
An update from Kojima Productions/Famitsu:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/649/649116p1.html

:D

Oh GOD...screw E3...TGS is where its at. I honestly cannot wait for this preview/trailer whatever it is. Its also good to note that most of the scinematic stuff is also used ingame....so whatever we see...that will probably be the approximate example (visually) of gameplay we'll be getting.

I hope they stick with their tradition and show a five plus minute trailer. And I hope they release an HD version available online like MS did. Anyone think they could out do MGS2's trailer?

- Z

Personally I'm very bored with this entire franchise, I really hope they step it up and do something innovative to the gameplay.

Of course, I'm a gfx whore, so probably just having amazing visuals would make me buy the game, but I really feel like MGS is getting way too repetitive.

So...has MGS4 officially shutdown the show before it ever started? ;) Seriously, I can't wait to see it. I'm not a big fan of the series, but like scooby_dooby, the graphics whore inside me is begging to see this. PEACE.

Back