Metal Gear Solid 4 post:#1067

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hee! Hee! :LOL: Sorry I pissed u off! Well, the comparison was bad, but I was just in joking mood;)

Its not about MGS4 being my baby. Its just that sometimes people complain about having to Install a game and hold it against the quality of the game experience. I think that is excessive , and we are criticizing the devs for the wrong reasons. It was not aimed at you, it was in response to the posts on diff forums where people complain that why do we have to install a game. Like in DMC4. The issue became so bloated that there were posts advising people to not buy DMC4 coz it requires an install!!! C'mon !

Peace !

I'm sorry - but that was a perfectly legitimate reason to get the 360 version over the PS3 version - it wasn't the install that botherd me - but the 25+ minutes it took to install it. Hell - I installed Oblivion and all it's mods in less time than that on my PC - and it's sure as shit not as fast as the PS3 (spec wise)

Jack

I think its just a matter what bothers you and what not. I have endured painfully long install times with Gears on PC, but I didn't let it get to me.As long as the game is sweet, I am ready to empty 4gb on my HDD.

Oh it's not going to disuade me, at all, from playing what I want - especially Metal Gear Sold 4 - which, and I'm the biggest goddamn MG fan you will ever meet, I firmly believe to be the second coming of Christ. When this game comes out - the skys will clear - oceans will calm, birds will sing...and every single person that buys it will be granted an all acess pass to pure orgasmic gaming joy for an undefined period of time. The world may end, oh yes...but it will be SUCH an ending!

So anyway - hyperbole aside, I'm still excited about this HDD Loading entertainment? True - I'm such a Metal Gear mark - if it's a still image of Snake that I can zoom in and pan around - I'll probably still bust one in my pants!

:)

Jack

I firmly believe to be the second coming of Christ. When this game comes out - the skys will clear - oceans will calm, birds will sing...and every single person that buys it will be granted an all acess pass to pure orgasmic gaming joy for an undefined period of time. The world may end, oh yes...but it will be SUCH an ending!
Why do you underestimate the effects so much? :LOL:

Kojima Studio says "No 90 minute cutscenes in MGS4"

http://kotaku.com/5013357/kojima-productions-says-no-mgs4-90-minute-cutscenes

I'm surprised nobody has stepped forward to debunk this rumor. There are no 90 minute cutscenes in MGS4. The ending is long, but 90 minutes is a gross exaggeration.

Now I like the Edge articles but what the ?

EDIT:
IGN talks about the weapons in MGS4 ^_^
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/879/879291p1.html

Don't watch if you do not want anything spoiled for you.... not even the weapon selections.

Finished MGS2 ! :)
So, the patriots are all dead !!!:oops: So, maybe an AI made by them is running it all now? or maybe they put a system in place which will analyse the data coming in and make decisions, but thats too abstract to be done by a machine! or maybe their next generations are running it now, and the disc contained only the original 12 patriots?!?:???: Also, one of the patriots is philanthropy's main contributor!!!! So, Snake was also being manipulated all the time??No, maybe that patriot was trying to keep a part of freeworld alive by funding this group, maybe a decision made by his concience !
What are the general theories about these facts?

Also, I think MGS3 still rules over MGS 2!:cool:

So, the patriots are all dead !!!:oops: So, maybe an AI made by them is running it all now? or maybe they put a system in place which will analyse the data coming in and make decisions, but thats too abstract to be done by a machine! or maybe their next generations are running it now, and the disc contained only the original 12 patriots?!?:???: Also, one of the patriots is philanthropy's main contributor!!!! So, Snake was also being manipulated all the time??No, maybe that patriot was trying to keep a part of freeworld alive by funding this group, maybe a decision made by his concience !

Well its time I think for my old reply ;)

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1163764&postcount=274

"We are formless. We are the very discipline and morality that
Americans invoke so often. How can anyone hope to eliminate us?
As long as this nation exists, so will we."

You are merely a figment of Kojima's imagination.:oops:

MGS4 spoilers are everywhere now. I accidentally found out the ending in GAF (Clicked on the wrong thread and read the wrong post >_< ). Fortunately, the journey is the reward.

Apparently, some people are sending the spoilers in random XMB and XBL friend requests. So be careful about accepting friend requests this week.

The most appropriate ending for MGS4 would be a teenaged Snake waking up in bed saying, "Wow ... what a vivid dream! I better get to work at Burger King, or my boss will fire my ass!"

MGS4 spoilers are everywhere now. I accidentally found out the ending in GAF (Clicked on the wrong thread and read the wrong post >_< ). Fortunately, the journey is the reward.

Apparently, some people are sending the spoilers in random XMB and XBL friend requests. So be careful about accepting friend requests this week.

Yeah I am pissed because of this. Some idiots are trying constantly to ruin the experience of others.

I guess eurogamer was right after all, millions do hate MGS. Its incredible the lengths some people will go to for their useless consolewar. I hope this doesn't become a new trend amongst fanboys.:cry:

The most appropriate ending for MGS4 would be a teenaged Snake waking up in bed saying, "Wow ... what a vivid dream! I better get to work at Burger King, or my boss will fire my ass!"

:LOL: I had a similar idea as well. But according to people in the know, MGS4 explained every little thing in the entire series, and sealed the story.

If Kojima continues MGS, it should be on a brand new story and experience.

I heard MGS4 blends movie and gameplay extremely well. I really can't wait to see it. The codec messages were probably disruptive sometimes (like old MGS games).

:LOL: I had a similar idea as well. But according to people in the know, MGS4 explained every little thing in the entire series, and sealed the story.

If Kojima continues MGS, it should be on a brand new story and experience.

I heard MGS4 blends movie and gameplay extremely well. I really can't wait to see it. The codec messages were probably disruptive sometimes (like old MGS games).

Just watch the April Fools :)

They can still make prequels if they want to. Konami will want another MGS and Kojima will make one if the fans ask him to. As much as I like MGS, I dont want this to become an endless series. MGS 4 sound like the perfect ending, why not leave it there.

Ah of course ! Perhaps this is what some of the reviewers meant by the cutscenes interrupting gameplay. I wonder how it feels if you're the one playing. I don't think I will hate it like the Lair cutscenes. I am not sure I will like it yet if I'm just about to snipe someone and a cutscene barged in. The timing and balance needs to be impeccable (or perhaps context sensitive).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back