Metal Gear Solid 4 post:#1067

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is wrong with an install?;) I don't get what the fuss is about! everyhting needs to be installed to work. Heck! even ur HDTV needs to be setup to work properly, needs to be plugged in, set the settings!:smile:
C;mon guys! Don't try to find unhappiness!:cool:

Lol, there's a little bomb in any of the Cobras's bodies, that explodes when they die. You have just to shoot The End right in the head one time and he will be down, but as someone already told you, you will miss the opportunity to enjoy one of the most appealing duels in the videogames history: a duel made by patience, sthealth and honour (do not shoot the old man when he's sleeping! Shoot to wake up him!). And, if you accept an advice, use only the sniper rifle (you can find it also in the left path at the end of the mangrovies, just before the encounter with The End, Volgin, The Boss and The Fear (where you can shoot The End) and the directional microphone. Surprising The End from the back after a long and studied strategy, and freezing him, is unforgettable.

Don't worry, I finished the game long back, so I didn't miss the The End boss battle! :cool: It's just that I didn't know he could be killed beforehand, so I asked. I never thought anybody would put an option of killing a boss before the battle:p so, I never tried before. Kojima breaks rules!

Actually, I am at the end of MGS2 right now. The battle with Solidus!

I couldn't understand when Solidus said
that Snake tried to kill Big boss to end the link between the brothers, the same way Raiden should kill Solidus!:oops::???:
How is that common?

What is wrong with an install?;) I don't get what the fuss is about! everyhting needs to be installed to work. Heck! even ur HDTV needs to be setup to work properly, needs to be plugged in, set the settings!:smile:
C;mon guys! Don't try to find unhappiness!:cool:

I dont know what kind of tv you got but my TV doesn't require reinstalling each time we switch channel..

Don't worry, I finished the game long back, so I didn't miss the The End boss battle! :cool: It's just that I didn't know he could be killed beforehand, so I asked. I never thought anybody would put an option of killing a boss before the battle:p so, I never tried before. Kojima breaks rules!

Actually, I am at the end of MGS2 right now. The battle with Solidus!

I couldn't understand when Solidus said
that Snake tried to kill Big boss to end the link between the brothers, the same way Raiden should kill Solidus!:oops::???:
How is that common?

You mean this part?:
Liquid and Solid hunted down Big Boss, trying to sever the tie
that bound them to him. Unless you kill me and face your past,
Jack, you will never escape. You'll stay in the endless loop --
your own double helix.

It sounds different though if this is the part you are questioning. It is more like trying to brake the link between "father" and "son" ;)

Although I dont know if he speaks metaphorically about fate regarding Solid, since he didnt know about the cloning project when he killed Big Boss. He didnt know about the "tie"

You mean this part?:
Liquid and Solid hunted down Big Boss, trying to sever the tie
that bound them to him. Unless you kill me and face your past,
Jack, you will never escape. You'll stay in the endless loop --
your own double helix.

It sounds different though if this is the part you are questioning. It is more like trying to brake the link between "father" and "son" ;)

Although I dont know if he speaks metaphorically about fate regarding Solid, since he didnt know about the cloning project when he killed Big Boss. He didnt know about the "tie"

He was talking as if Solid Snake killed Big Boss so that the living link b/n him and Liquid would kinda break and he would feel less bonded with his evil twin. Although, the I doubt the Snake we know would do something like that .and how does that connect with
Solidus and Raiden !

you don't have to re-install the game every time u want to play it. I was talking about the first time as was everyone else.

I think he meant more along the lines of different games each needing their own install. Consoles have been great because you can own 100 games and just throw any of them in and start playing. If you have one of the smaller drives in the new systems, disk management becomes more of an issue. It's fine if you're playing a couple games at a time, and don't like to frequently go back into your library.

I know what he means, all I was saying was there is no need to fret over the inevitable and instead lets enjoy this moment when the last mission of Snake is coming into our hands ! :)

I'm hoping to get my hands on this somehow to play at my bro's place. I'm glad I can skip the cutscenes, because I'll be doing that A LOT.

He was talking as if Solid Snake killed Big Boss so that the living link b/n him and Liquid would kinda break and he would feel less bonded with his evil twin. Although, the I doubt the Snake we know would do something like that .and how does that connect with
Solidus and Raiden !

I understood it more as trying to free their selves from their fate which is tied to Big Boss. Similarly Raiden tries to free himself from his fate which is tied to Solidus.

you don't have to re-install the game every time u want to play it. I was talking about the first time as was everyone else.

But i have to install crap for every new game i play... With my tv, i install it once and i can watch whatever i want forever. Terrible comparison.

But i have to install crap for every new game i play... With my tv, i install it once and i can watch whatever i want forever. Terrible comparison.
Complain as much as you want but u will still have to install it just like everyone else. Its ur choice whether to rant about it or take it in ur stride. If it improves the game, it should be there.That is what the fixed HDD is for.

I meant everything u buy needs to be setup before use, Installations are synonymous to that.

Im not complaining about it, stop being so goddamn defensive. Your acting as if MGS4 is your love child or something. All i said was that your comparison was terrible, (and i still believe it is).

Even thougt some things (NOT EVERYTHING, get your comparisons\examples correct) require to be setup before you use it (i got several games that do not require installs) doesn't mean that people cannot complain about a 4gb or whatever install size. They can complain as much as they want. They are just as entitled to complain about it as you are entitled to posting terrible metafores in reply.

And btw, im pretty sure the people who complain about it realize that if they dont like to install 4gb, they dont have to buy the game, and life goes on. After all, its just a game.

People inherentily want to find flaw with everything - it's part of our "condense, summarize and categorize neatly" consciousness - things without flaw are harder to categorize and thus - somehow more stressfull!

I'd agree it's a bad comparison. But be honest - if it didn't have HDD install time (and thus lenghtier load times) - someone would have a gripe about that!

:)

jack

I can live with 10% of the game data being put on the HDD...but when it's 80-90%, with no real advantages (GTA4, Haze, DMC4, Lost Planet)...no dice.

If any game deserves an install - it's MGS4.

Hee! Hee! :LOL: Sorry I pissed u off! Well, the comparison was bad, but I was just in joking mood;)

Its not about MGS4 being my baby. Its just that sometimes people complain about having to Install a game and hold it against the quality of the game experience. I think that is excessive , and we are criticizing the devs for the wrong reasons. It was not aimed at you, it was in response to the posts on diff forums where people complain that why do we have to install a game. Like in DMC4. The issue became so bloated that there were posts advising people to not buy DMC4 coz it requires an install!!! C'mon !

Peace !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back