Metal Gear 4 headed for XB360?

If this in turn is actually true then you can count on me not buying a PS3.

But then again this is pretty much some guy...on a forum... saying "LAWL MGS3 4 XBOX360?!?"

That will become a huge hit for Sony if true. But I dont quite get the logic "not enough PS3's due to Blu diode problems".

The game wont be released anytime soon anyways, and gradually the macufacturing problems will be sorted out untilk then. Also even if there is any truth to the reason why they may be doing this, sales will catch up and "every" PS3 owner will try to get it, while at the same time PS3 sales will be increasing (and partially due to the game being available on the PS3). It wont be a static issue of "not enough userbase"

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if the 360 version will come within 6 months of the PS3 version and what differences there will be. I hope Konami plays to both strengths of the systems.

Could be bs then. Other bigger and more known sites mention nothing. Only this certain one seems to have this "leak"

That will become a huge hit for Sony if true. But I dont quite get the logic "not enough PS3's due to Blu diode problems".

The game wont be released anytime soon anyways, and gradually the macufacturing problems will be sorted out untilk then. Also even if there is any truth to the reason why they may be doing this, sales will catch up and "every" PS3 owner will try to get it, while at the same time PS3 sales will be increasing (and partially due to the game being available on the PS3). It wont be a static issue of "not enough userbase"
Well, they cant take a chance that it will be solved. So instead of betting all their eggs on PS3, they will invest some more development time/money to get the 360 version out there. Remember these companies will only sell as many games as there are consoles. For the immediate future, ps3 isnt a very big market.

epic

Another thread that was locked even on GAF making its way here. I think I need to set up a gaming blog, then I'll also be able to break exclusive "news".

(That's not saying it can't or won't happen, just that "noooz.com" reporting it is not worthy of discussion)

if konami shareholders put pressure into kojima then it should be on Xbox 360 - why not trying to sell on 15m system (by Q4 2007 i believe)???

Well, they cant take a chance that it will be solved. So instead of betting all their eggs on PS3, they will invest some more development time/money to get the 360 version out there. Remember these companies will only sell as many games as there are consoles. For the immediate future, ps3 isnt a very big market.

epic

There is the small detail of console sales and software sales increasing. Its not like the Saturn or GC where sales were static. The only way sales will remain static for PS3 is for Sony to keep static the supply the way I see it. Ofcourse there could another detail and this should be a part of what you said and what Ant1Fanb0y1sm said. Company wanting profit and liquidity as collectively and soon as possible. If thats the case then yeah they will port it to 360.

Kojima usually has a different view of his games though and not just profitability. If there are financial pressure and pressure from the big Konami heads he will go for it despite that he wont like doing it. He stated in the past that he likes keeping some of his franchises on one console because he creates more value to them, not from a financial poit of view but from a gaming and "prestigious" kind of view.

if konami shareholders put pressure into kojima then it should be on Xbox 360 - why not trying to sell on 15m system (by Q4 2007 i believe)???

Why would Konami do that though? Kojima is by a comfortable margin their most prized individual, and a figurehead of console gaming. Of all the game creators out there (at least 3rd party) he is the most globally recognized and respected. Kojima prides himself on producing immensely polished and technically brilliant games, and multi-platform development has very seldom led to anything on par with exclusives in either aspect.

Any attempt to force him into something he doesn't want to do, when he has never made a multi-platform game AFAIK (not including subsequent remakes), is a very dangerous move indeed. I can't think of a single publisher that wouldn't bend over backwards to sign Hideo up if he decided to leave. Hell, he's been given his own developing studios - Kojima Productions. I can't think of many developers who have sufficient influence (and marketing pull) to have a dev department named after them (except nAo :p).

If it ends up being true, it's great for those MGS fans.

Call me when a platform announcement is made for ZOE3, thanks.

BTW, Inspector, mind toning down the flamebaiting? Also, there's no problem having preferences for one company/system/game or another... but.... well, whatever

Why would Konami do that though? Kojima is by a comfortable margin their most prized individual, and a figurehead of console gaming. Of all the game creators out there (at least 3rd party) he is the most globally recognized and respected. Kojima prides himself on producing immensely polished and technically brilliant games, and multi-platform development has very seldom led to anything on par with exclusives in either aspect.

Any attempt to force him into something he doesn't want to do, when he has never made a multi-platform game AFAIK (not including subsequent remakes), is a very dangerous move indeed. I can't think of a single publisher that wouldn't bend over backwards to sign Hideo up if he decided to leave. Hell, he's been given his own developing studios - Kojima Productions. I can't think of many developers who have sufficient influence (and marketing pull) to have a dev department named after them (except nAo :p).

He can do a port though a year or more latter on, he has already done that with policenauts and snatcher.

and if hideo would leave konami i wouldn’t be surprised if he would start his own company ( he has the cash to do that )

if konami shareholders put pressure into kojima then it should be on Xbox 360

yep just like policenauts should have been release in EU and USA and raiden canned from mgs 2 but we know how that turned out ;)

From a financial point of view, Konami probably worked out a sweet royalty deal with Microsoft. So just like EA, all the games Konami puts out on the XB360 will have low licensing fee compared to the PS3. I would guess any contract Microsoft offered would give Konami incentive to release as many games as possible for the XB360 to achieve the lowest rates. The more games published, the lower the rates. So Sony would have to fork out a lot of money to make up for the loss of revenue not just from Metal Gear 4, but also the higher royalty rate for all the other games released.

From a financial point of view, Konami probably worked out a sweet royalty deal with Microsoft. So just like EA, all the games Konami puts out on the XB360 will have low licensing fee compared to the PS3. I would guess any contract Microsoft offered would give Konami incentive to release as many games as possible for the XB360 to achieve the lowest rates. The more games published, the lower the rates. So Sony would have to fork out a lot of money to make up for the loss of revenue not just from Metal Gear 4, but also the higher royalty rate for all the other games released.

'Hasn't Sony always had lowest royalty rate ?

Back