Metal Gear 4 headed for XB360?

He can do a port though a year or more latter on, he has already done that with policenauts and snatcher.

and if hideo would leave konami i wouldn’t be surprised if he would start his own company ( he has the cash to do that )

I allowed for that in my post ;) To clarify what I meant, Kojima has obviously made ports of games onto other consoles (though I'm not even sure whether he was at the helm or if it was delegated to someone else, seeing as Kojima's creative work will have already been done); however I don't recall him ever simultaneously working on two consoles or more for the same game.

Again, I don't think he'd want to hamstring his team's ability to create a technical masterpiece by forcing them to dilute their efforts across two systems and leaving his creative work a victim of the weaknesses of both consoles, rather than offsetting the weaknesses of one with it's relative strengths.

Kojima has also said he would make games to target the market of the consoles they are developed for, rather than making a blanket franchise for everyone. That ties in directly with this MGS4 on 360 business (tempted to say nonsense).

Financially I can see this happening. A game like MGS4 cannot be cheap to make. So naturally, a high install base is needed to recoup the costs and make a profit. Clearly the PS3 isn't available is mass quantities not even close to the 3 (NA, Europe and Japan) region 4-6million units by end of 2006 that was thrown around and then cut severly.

If MGS4 is to be out in 2007, it's in their best financial interest to increase their potential customer pool by 15+million users. This is a business first and foremost. Sony has not held up to their numbers and I don't see why Konami has to suffer because of that.

Financially I can see this happening. A game like MGS4 cannot be cheap to make. So naturally, a high install base is needed to recoup the costs and make a profit. Clearly the PS3 isn't available is mass quantities not even close to the 3 (NA, Europe and Japan) region 4-6million units by end of 2006 that was thrown around and then cut severly.

If MGS4 is to be out in 2007, it's in their best financial interest to increase their potential customer pool by 15+million users. This is a business first and foremost. Sony has not held up to their numbers and I don't see why Konami has to suffer because of that.

Kojima Productions you mean ;)

From a financial point of view, Konami probably worked out a sweet royalty deal with Microsoft. So just like EA, all the games Konami puts out on the XB360 will have low licensing fee compared to the PS3. I would guess any contract Microsoft offered would give Konami incentive to release as many games as possible for the XB360 to achieve the lowest rates. The more games published, the lower the rates. So Sony would have to fork out a lot of money to make up for the loss of revenue not just from Metal Gear 4, but also the higher royalty rate for all the other games released.

In reality you don't know anything about royalty rates on various platforms, do you? :LOL:

PS3 will have 10M consoles SOLD by the time MGS4 ships. 360 won't be seeing the game for a year at least.

I allowed for that in my post ;) To clarify what I meant, Kojima has obviously made ports of games onto other consoles (though I'm not even sure whether he was at the helm or if it was delegated to someone else, seeing as Kojima's creative work will have already been done); however I don't recall him ever simultaneously working on two consoles or more for the same game.

Again, I don't think he'd want to hamstring his team's ability to create a technical masterpiece by forcing them to dilute their efforts across two systems and leaving his creative work a victim of the weaknesses of both consoles, rather than offsetting the weaknesses of one with it's relative strengths.

Kojima has also said he would make games to target the market of the consoles they are developed for, rather than making a blanket franchise for everyone. That ties in directly with this MGS4 on 360 business (tempted to say nonsense).

For policenauts he was at the helm for both ports for the port of snatcher for Sega CD he let Jeremy Blaustein and some other guy handle it, he was busy with policenauts and writing short stories for some mag or something.

and no he personally never worked on 2 consoles simultaneously.

Hmm , I'm going to post " World Exclusive !! MGS4 on Xbox360 !! " news on my site monthly ... More visitors mean more money for owner ...

Would be a good idea...if they were trying to create f*nboy ownage.

It could be fake but somebody who posted it on another site is a gaming journalist and said that it would be confirmed soon. I don't think it'll sell that many systems. Obviously with a franchise like this, their are some super-fans that would buy a system for it but it's not that big of a system-seller. I just don't want to read a thread about this and people are argueing about the merits of rumble.

It could be fake but somebody who posted it on another site is a gaming journalist and said that it would be confirmed soon. I don't think it'll sell that many systems. Obviously with a franchise like this, their are some super-fans that would buy a system for it but it's not that big of a system-seller. I just don't want to read a thread about this and people are argueing about the merits of rumble.

MGS not a system seller? I think you are wrong.

if it's a decent port , 360 will have a damn good boost i guarantee you that

may i ask which site ? have a slight feeling it's good ole dopeyfish that's claiming this no ?

Haven't all the ones after MGS1 only sold a couple million copies?

mgs 2 surpassed mgs in sales , mgs3 though didn't do as well as the other two , only sold 4 million units if I remember correctly (not counting subsistance ) but that was damn konami’s and kojima’s fault

Last edited by a moderator:
Btw nintenho

Check out this one

Top20 console sales

Top 20 of All time

The 20 best selling games, originally not bundled.

* Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES - 18 million)[31]
* Super Mario Land (Game Boy - 14 million)[31]
* Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2 - 13 million)[76]
* Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2 - 12 million)[78]
* Super Mario 64 (N64 - 11 million)[31]
* Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec (PS2 - 11 million)[68]
* Grand Theft Auto III (PS2 - 11 million)[76]
* Gran Turismo (PS1 - 10.5 million)[68]
* Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES - 10 million)[31]
* Gran Turismo 2 (PS1 - 9.34 million)[68]
* Final Fantasy VII (PS1 - 8.6 million)[69]
* Donkey Kong Country (SNES - 8.30 million)[35]
* Mario Kart 64 (N64 - 2.06 million in Japan only,[36] 6.23 million in US only,[36] approximately 8.29 million)
* GoldenEye 007 (N64 - 8 million)[37]
* Super Mario Kart (SNES - 8 million)[31]
* Halo 2 (Xbox - 8 million)[90]
* Tomb Raider II (PS1 - 8 million)[31]
* The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64 - 7.6 million)[32]
* Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PS2 - 7 million)[79]
* Nintendogs (7 million)[55]

From wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best_selling_computer_and_video_games#Top_20_of_All_time

7 million sales douesnt equal a couple

Btw nintenho

Check out this one

Top20 console sales

Top 20 of All time

The 20 best selling games, originally not bundled.

* Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES - 18 million)[31]
* Super Mario Land (Game Boy - 14 million)[31]
* Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2 - 13 million)[76]
* Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2 - 12 million)[78]
* Super Mario 64 (N64 - 11 million)[31]
* Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec (PS2 - 11 million)[68]
* Grand Theft Auto III (PS2 - 11 million)[76]
* Gran Turismo (PS1 - 10.5 million)[68]
* Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES - 10 million)[31]
* Gran Turismo 2 (PS1 - 9.34 million)[68]
* Final Fantasy VII (PS1 - 8.6 million)[69]
* Donkey Kong Country (SNES - 8.30 million)[35]
* Mario Kart 64 (N64 - 2.06 million in Japan only,[36] 6.23 million in US only,[36] approximately 8.29 million)
* GoldenEye 007 (N64 - 8 million)[37]
* Super Mario Kart (SNES - 8 million)[31]
* Halo 2 (Xbox - 8 million)[90]
* Tomb Raider II (PS1 - 8 million)[31]
* The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64 - 7.6 million)[32]
* Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PS2 - 7 million)[79]
* Nintendogs (7 million)[55]

From wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best_selling_computer_and_video_games#Top_20_of_All_time

7 million sales douesnt equal a couple

This ain't exactly the greatest source, i already see 5 things wrong up on that list

VGcharts (which is roughly a gazillion times a better source than wiki) show these shipped numbers (notice - shipped not sold)

Metal Gear Solid 2 5.59
Metal Gear Solid 5.51
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater 3.75

This ain't exactly the greatest source, i already see 5 things wrong up on that list

I was trying to find a dedicated site with gaming statistics but couldnt.

Whats wrong btw?

Also is there a complete site with game sales you know about? I am interested

I was trying to find a dedicated site with gaming statistics but couldnt.

Whats wrong btw?

Also is there a complete site with game sales you know about? I am interested

Well there is VGcharts but it isn't accurate either although better then Wiki

The ones that are wrong are about FVIII which sold over 9 millions according to square themselfs , GT 3 which sold 13.6 millions and Gt which sold over 10 millions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I guess it did sell a lot but I meant it was more of a niche game and wouldn't matter too much in the long run.

And for whoever asked where I also saw this link posted, it was at opa-ages bye Fishie who's freelance and I know wrote for gamespy.

Okay, I guess it did sell a lot but I meant it was more of a niche game and wouldn't matter too much in the long run.

And for whoever asked where I also saw this link posted, it was at opa-ages bye Fishie who's freelance and I know wrote for gamespy.

I just knew it :LOL:

Back