Metal Gear 4 headed for XB360?

Well there is VGcharts but it isn't accurate either although better then Wiki

The ones that are wrong are about FVIII which sold over 9 millions according to square themselfs , GT 3 which sold 13.6 millions and Gt which sold over 10 millions.

Can you give me the url? :)

I don't get the anger these threads bring out in people. (cough.. Inspector cough). The Ninja Gaiden Black did the same thing to xbox fans.

Honestly I wouldn't expect many exclusives outside of 1st party published games this gen. Especially when we're starting to see a 50-50 type split scenario develop between MS-Sony and game costs are doubling. This is a huge business now and shareholders demand profits. This isn't the same industry it was 10 years ago where 10-15 guys could make a multi-million selling game.

So in the future we'll probably see MGS and DMC announcements for the 360 as well as Lost Planet and Dead Rising announcements for the PS3. This is just a case of Eastern devlopers like Capcom and Konami catching up to the business model of western devs like EA and Ubisoft. Which has been very profitable for their shareholders.

Last edited by a moderator:
VGcharts (which is roughly a gazillion times a better source than wiki) show these shipped numbers (notice - shipped not sold)

Metal Gear Solid 2 5.59
Metal Gear Solid 5.51
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater 3.75

The Wiki entry cites the actual sources where they got every number from.

VGCharts is not doing that. VG Charts themselves admit their numbers are "unofficial and in some cases incomplete."

The number quoted on the wiki page is from a Konami press release. But you still think vgacharts is a gazillion times better. :rolleyes:

not always , the guy did get severely bad rapped here and i believe also banned for spreading false rumour that cell was downgraded to 2,8 Ghz and latter trying to cover up his tracks by deleting those posts.
I see...he's a good guy, but if you're talking about gaf he was banned because he argued with a mod saying development didn't start on killzone 2 and the mod banned him when artwork for killzone 2 was released.

fun times in the history of f@nboy wars.

There were also rumors of the Tekken franchise, DMC1 and Virtua fighter 4 heading to Xbox and none of these turned out to be true.

Threads like these just highlight the difference between the two brands. With the Sony platform you're guaranteed the top tier titles but on other platforms your just left with wishful thinking.

I don't get the anger these threads bring out in people. (cough.. Inspector cough). The Ninja Gaiden Black did the same thing to xbox fans.

Honestly I wouldn't expect many exclusives outside of 1st party published games this gen. Especially when we're starting to see a 50-50 type split scenario develop between MS-Sony and game costs are doubling. This is a huge business now and shareholders demand profits. This isn't the same industry it was 10 years ago where 10-15 guys could make a multi-million selling game.

So in the future we'll probably see MGS and DMC announcements for the 360 as well as Lost Planet and Dead Rising announcements for the PS3. This is just a case of Eastern devlopers like Capcom and Konami catching up to the business model of western devs like EA and Ubisoft. Which has been very profitable for their shareholders.

Some people are annoyied by some supposed "facts" or "rumors" because in most cases are deliberately made to spread bad reputation and negative impressions. If they were announced from the officials it would have been a different matter.

There were also rumors of the Tekken franchise, DMC1 and Virtua fighter 4 heading to Xbox and none of these turned out to be true.
Threads like these just highlight the difference between the two brands. With the Sony platform you're guaranteed the top tier titles but on other platforms your just left with wishful thinking.
WTF are you talking about? Those are Japanese. I mean, if you're a complete japanut whose nuts froth at anything in characters he can't understand, I could see what you mean, but 360 has many very good exclusives for it.

Looking at how much it will cost its sure is a possibility , unless Sony has something to do to make sure it remains exclusive.

Although at this point it does seem that PS3 is the primary target, so if Kojima makes use of special feature like SIXAXIS how ill that be translated. Although there was some interview where he stated that at present they are not sure how it will be used.

I think there is a damn good chance of a MGS4 on the 360 because MS will have a large base that loves to spend money. The 360 owners buy games like crazy and a company like konami can not ignore that. Heck if MGS4 came out on the 360 early 2008 it would most likely sell better on the 360 than the PS3 because of that large rich base who loves to buy games. It would be foolish for any company to not bring games to both platforms unless they get money or the game is a quirky eastern only type game. Things are much different this time around the PS3 did not get the huge early lead the PS2 did. If sony's production problems are not sorted out soon there is a good chance they will not catch or pass MS in 2007. Things could not be going any better for MS and nintendo right now. Instead of cutting in to the lead this holiday season sony is falling further behind to not just 1 but 2 platforms. Right now the momentum is in the MS and nintendo camps. Unlike last time where the PS2 arrived and crushed everything in site and had all the momentum.

Although it is a possibility you are exaggerating on some things and you make things sound a lot better than they are regarding 360 and Wii and a lot worse than they are for the PS3.

"Large rich base who love to buy games" for example.
1)Its not THAT large to begin with
2)The PS3 user base will also increase and will also love to buy games
Kojima knows that

Its illogical to jump to conclusions on which console has the momentum right now. 360 and Wii are partially enjoying huge sales because PS3 supply isnt there. If people are as interested on the PS3 as much as they were on the PS2, that would mean PS3 hasnt lost at all any momentum. Instead this will mean that when supply is available people will rush to get them all. A console is lost when supply is there but people arent interested. Its like having too few PS2 available in 2000. Would that mean PS2 wouldnt finally catch up when units become available? Ofcourse not. PS2 had the momentum not just because people bought it. It had the momentum because people wanted it.
The present PS3 userbase may not be there due to limited supply but the future userbase may be there because people may be interested right now to get one when it becomes available.

PS2 continued to have momentum because it kept selling like hot cakes when DC was out but kept selling like hot cakes when XBOX and GC were out. PS3 isnt available so there isnt even a real comparison between PS3 and 360 market performance. How well will 360 sell then? Simply you dont know. And also taking into account that Wii isnt exactly competing the big two, then Wii should be out of the picture. It doesnt take support away from 360 or PS3 or lose support because of them. It co-exists like an accompanying product. Wii doesnt affect them much and neither 360 or PS3 is affecting Wii

I see...he's a good guy, but if you're talking about gaf he was banned because he argued with a mod saying development didn't start on killzone 2 and the mod banned him when artwork for killzone 2 was released.

fun times in the history of f@nboy wars.
You're talking about 'fishie' right?
He's the same guy that spread the 'European PS3 delay -> september' rumour on the dutch boards that C&VG picked up some weeks ago.

We don't know if the PS3 fan base will buy games like crazy. How many of them are buying it for homebrew and blue ray movies? The attach rate for the 360 is crazy for a system that is a year old. I would say the PS3 has lost momentum look at ebay prices. The Wii is actually catching up to the PS3 in ebay prices in the last week. Also by the time the PS3 has its production problems fixed it will be that dead time of year of gaming. The PS3 will have to outsell the 360 by on average what 200-300k units a month to catch up in NA 2007. If the 360 holds steady at 50k units a week that will mean sony will have to sell 400-500k units a month at 499 dollars to catch up. The PS3 may prevail but right now sony is the one who is in trouble. The PS3 failed to generate and sustain the huge buzz the PS2 was able to get and turn into dominance.

We don't know if the PS3 fan base will buy games like crazy. How many of them are buying it for homebrew and blue ray movies? The attach rate for the 360 is crazy for a system that is a year old. I would say the PS3 has lost momentum look at ebay prices. The Wii is actually catching up to the PS3 in ebay prices in the last week. Also by the time the PS3 has its production problems fixed it will be that dead time of year of gaming. The PS3 will have to outsell the 360 by on average what 200-300k units a month to catch up in NA 2007. If the 360 holds steady at 50k units a week that will mean sony will have to sell 400-500k units a month at 499 dollars to catch up. The PS3 may prevail but right now sony is the one who is in trouble. The PS3 failed to generate and sustain the huge buzz the PS2 was able to get and turn into dominance.
You know its like back in 2000. The same arguement was said about PS2. "PS2 is gonna tank! Game sales are scarce and people dont give a damn about it as a console. Its sold as a DVD player" edit: oh I also remember the "DC has better looking games" which had a better attach rate as well. Its like history repeating itself

Its not crazy at all that 360 has a certain attach rate. Its a normal level. But for you its crazy. :???: Especially when there arent many quality PS3 games available yet its normal for it to have a lower attach rate. At the same time there are tons of PS3's being bought alone to be sold from Ebay. That doesnt help PS3's attach rate either. With other words some are sitting in some people's homes trying to Ebay it with no any games sold with it.

As for the other parts again you are exaggerating and try to use your predictions as if they are 100% factual and proven to happen no matter what.

Just wait before you jump to so many conclusions. You will know how much the PS3 "failed" when its released in Europe and Sony finally starts supplying more units

only fanb0ys like exclusives, if u r true gamer u should hope that it comes out on other platforms so that as many people as possible can enjoy the game

MGS4 will never be on 360, have no doubt of it, probably another version of MGS, like an MGS3 for 360 or something like the Twin Snakes for GameCube.

Back