Mass Effect: Andromeda

Apparently letting Drew Karpyshyn near the new title was just a publicity stunt, or they forgot to mention he won't be the 2007 Drew in total control-freak mode. Too bad, the series seem to be steadily loosing aim and atmosphere ever since. IMO, quite a bit of ME1-s appeal was its non-generic gameplay mechanic.

Last edited:
I saw it pointed out that the disarming sequence shares some of the feel of the I'm the cook scene (slightly NSFW). I can't disagree, ridiculous motions, everyone else just freezing to let it happen.

This isn't Steven Seagal tire. There the disarm sequence would generally be done in a couple of accelerated frames with a quick cut but on screen, other enemies would be either melee or have their guns down (and it turns into a shooting frenzy, not a "Mexican standoff" with 3 people with guns vs 1).

Terrible fight choreography for the cut scene. Now not everything in the game has to be perfect of course, but this is what they chose to show ...

Why do all characters lack the RPG charm? Except for the girl with the black band around her eyes, I am not intrigued by anyof them? Why is Bioware so bad with faces? even with so many polygons, the faces lack any mystique, fun or enigma.

Faces look robotic as hell, could really use some good facial caps from other studios. Animation is still lacking a fair bit from some gameplay I've seen but the rest seems pretty awesome. Love the ship design, the locales and lighting in general. Hope it's the story is as epic as it can be with good romance options and character development. This and Horizon are gonna consume me so bad.

Looks better. I think I'm still gonna wait until SP DLC plans are laid out. I'm not in a huge rush given Real Life things.

The fiend is basically a rehashed Brute from ME3............. and Dead Space, now that I think of it. :p

Last edited:
Game has gone gold. Hoping gthey show us atleast one full mission from start to finish like devs used to some time back. That gives a good idea of how it will feel.

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

Is this game targeting 60 fps on ps4/X1 like the BF1? The planets all look very empty and th emap they showed in there seemed very small for a planet :-/
All other footages also show impressive lighting but barren places. Could be a artistic choice but to me they feel empty. Is it 30 fps with these graphics?

Is this game targeting 60 fps on ps4/X1 like the BF1? The planets all look very empty and th emap they showed in there seemed very small for a planet :-/
All other footages also show impressive lighting but barren places. Could be a artistic choice but to me they feel empty. Is it 30 fps with these graphics?
It's the
Horizon ZD
effect:p, just can't get use to looking at barren environment any more. But yeah it should be 30fps since the Pro is running 1800p cb and I would be extremely surprised if they get it up to 60.

I get a very distinct Dragon Age Inquisition type of open world from this game (here's a big empy space for you to collect shit in for fuck all reasons. Now go and gobble up map markers you ungrateful bastard) and I'm not liking it one bit. Really hope I'm wrong. Always liked the series, including the oh-so-terrible third game (easily my second, if not facorite of the bunch)

Last edited:
It's the
Horizon ZD
effect:p, just can't get use to looking at barren environment any more. But yeah it should be 30fps since the Pro is running 1800p cb and I would be extremely surprised if they get it up to 60.
Not really because of HZD, no. Ever since they have been showing it I keep thinking maybe this is demo area for showing combat, showing this or that but real missions will have dense "real" looking areas but with each video its always been a barren empty place with a building?Barren place with cover spaces, etc. Lighting is beautiful but I see no detail in environments at all. Maybe its thematic cos Dragon Age had more going on screen but one would expect more with a "next-gen" Mass Effect ! I dont see it at all. And such cliche worlds too :( .
the only thing that looks positive to me is that the combat seems fluid and fun. Maybe they kept arenas barren to let the player zip around easily? almost seem slike I am making up reasons now. My last thought was maybe for 60 fps. I guess you guys seem to confirm thats not the case.

I get a very distinct Dragon Age Inquisition type of open world from this game (here's a big empy space for you to collect shit in for fuck all reasons. Now go and gobble up map markers you ungrateful bastard) and I'm not liking it one bit. Really hope I'm wrong. Always liked the series, including the oh-so-terrible third game (easily my second, if not facorite of the bunch)
Yeah this is my worst fear as well.

Back