Mass Effect Trilogy

• Thread starter Deleted member 11852
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 11852

Really enjoying Mass Effect. The UI is mostly awful and some of the level design is poor in that it's really easy to not know where to go without checking the map, then the journal, then the map (again), then set a bunch of waypoints (and sometimes not even then) but the universe feels so really well fleshed out. And I love the Malo. I love bouncing around in that thing and running over bad dudes. And just flying around in the Normandy and being Captain Kirk.

Apparently I'm going paragon because the opposite of paragon is xenophobic arsehole. :yep2: Also the texture work in the MEUITM makeover is fantastic. I'm getting a bit sidetracked by side missions which are getting somewhat repetitive: standard moonbase layout, standard ship layout, standard underground mine layout. I feel like I need too to level up but I really want to press on with the main quest.

What don't you like about listing every individual copy of a gun or upgrade that you've collected? o_O

:mrgreen:

Really enjoying Mass Effect. The UI is mostly awful and some of the level design is poor in that it's really easy to not know where to go without checking the map, then the journal, then the map (again), then set a bunch of waypoints (and sometimes not even then) but the universe feels so really well fleshed out. And I love the Malo. I love bouncing around in that thing and running over bad dudes. And just flying around in the Normandy and being Captain Kirk.

Apparently I'm going paragon because the opposite of paragon is xenophobic arsehole. :yep2: Also the texture work in the MEUITM makeover is fantastic. I'm getting a bit sidetracked by side missions which are getting somewhat repetitive: standard moonbase layout, standard ship layout, standard underground mine layout. I feel like I need too to level up but I really want to press on with the main quest.
Ah yes that stupid fake "moral" shit that forces you to play completely one way or another or be locked out of the benefits, therefore lacking any subtelty and role playing...

Just get ready for ME2 to crap all over the franchise. ME1 was by far the best one in the series if you are an RPG fan. ME2 is basically just a shooter with a thin RPG veneer (character stats are meaningless, item stats are meaningless, conversations are meaningless, etc.).

ME2 and Dragon Age 2 are why Bioware are a dead company to me now, when they used to be in my top 5 gaming companies. They basically went to crap once the founders - Ray Muzyka, Greg Zeschuk, and Augustine Yip left the company. They were the heart and soul of Bioware and their passion for tabletop RPGs is what drove the company. Without them, it's just an empty shell for EA to pander yet more shooters and crapping all over their previous RPG history.

Yes...I'm still bitter. ME1 and DA:O are still 2 of my all time favorite RPGs.

Regards,
SB

The sequels were great too, in many ways way better than the first with many interesting characters and missions and much improved gameplay mechanics. I envy Dsoup for being able to do a virgin run in Mass Effect... Be sure to import the saves when you start the sequels.

Wow, thanks :D

Oops, I meant Mako!

Ah yes that stupid fake "moral" shit that forces you to play completely one way or another or be locked out of the benefits, therefore lacking any subtelty and role playing...

Games do struggle with morality. Generally you're either Mother Theresa or Hitler.

Just get ready for ME2 to crap all over the franchise. ME1 was by far the best one in the series if you are an RPG fan. ME2 is basically just a shooter with a thin RPG veneer (character stats are meaningless, item stats are meaningless, conversations are meaningless, etc.).

I'm not a huge RPG fan in that I don't really want to "role play" but I do like the options that RPG games offer, i.e. the classes in ME1 determine where your strengths lie - weapons and what type, tech and what type, biotics and what type. This is all I really need from a game - choice in how I will murder 5,000 baddies while saving the universe. I'm not playing to make friends with the NPCs or shag the NPCs. The same is true in Fallout for me, I'm really not invested in the NPCs other than some have good/funny dialogue and others do not. Mind you if I could kill Ashley Williams, aka über racist, I would. She'd be first in the airlock. I'd blow all my paragon points on that - and probably get them all back in universal karma. :yep2:

... Mind you if I could kill Ashley Williams, aka über racist, I would. She'd be first in the airlock. I'd blow all my paragon points on that - and probably get them all back in universal karma. :yep2:
Well if you have karma already then you are in ME2 and missed your chance to get her killed in ME ;p

I'm still in ME1. Seemingly I can't say no to a side quest even though they are almost all identical so it's taking a while!

ME as a charm no other ME has, despite the Mako, combat system and inventory. :love:
Eh? What's wrong with the Mako? It's awesome!!! Does it become like Arkham Knight and gets used way too much in latter story missions? I really like the way to can just find a planet and land on it and drive around finding things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh? What's wrong with the Mako? It's awesome!!! Does it become like Arkham Knight and gets used way too much in latter story missions? I really like the way to can just find a planet and land on it and drive around finding things.
Do you have all the DLC ?
You get a much better vehicle in one of them, but I don't think you can use it in the main game though...

You get a much better vehicle in one of them, but I don't think you can use it in the main game though...

That's in the Overlord DLC in ME2 IIRC. More or less the hover version of the mako.

There are certain uncharted worlds where exploration can get rather... interesting in terms of climbing mountains. It's skippable, so it's not really all that bad unless you're a completionist (and you'd have to play the game twice to hit level 60 IIRC).

It's still better than a horse.

The sequels were great too, in many ways way better than the first with many interesting characters and missions and much improved gameplay mechanics. I envy Dsoup for being able to do a virgin run in Mass Effect... Be sure to import the saves when you start the sequels.
Yeah... quite important if you like Wrex. If you don't, then how about I say...

...Goodbye. :cool:

I hope Andromeda has many many one-liners.

---

I liked the pacing of the second game & the variety of side missions. The endgame was great. They went a little overboard on simplifying mechanics though. Oh well.

3rd game ended up being 99% likeable for me. They really should have stopped at that one moment at the very end
sitting down with Anderson

It's too bad the overarching story for the trilogy was rather chaotic, but the little details with characters were nicely done (if you could remember everything for every squad mate and then some).

Last edited:

Still a cluster fuck to get on PC I think. Silly bioware points. I played on 360, but overall I'd say the DLC was worth it if you enjoy absorbing story bits (sometimes a bit dumb, but... still gives you a sense of the universe they're making. I guess.). Just a shame EA didn't see fit to include all that in the trilogy release. :rolleyes:

Maybe I need to start a run too on the PC. Played it on 360 before. I still have the ME2 PC-version in plastic. I'm sure I can unlock these in Origin.

Mass Effect12.jpg

I envy Dsoup for being able to do a virgin run in Mass Effect... Be sure to import the saves when you start the sequels.

I will from ME1 to ME2 because I have both on PC but I'm planning on playing ME3 on PS3 because it's much cheaper. Mind you I am tempted to reset for ME2 as I would like to try female Shepherd. The male voice actor really isn't working for me.

Its physic is just plain wrong ^^

Maybe it's the mass effect? :runaway:

None of the DLC and I wasn't planning on getting the DLC. I'll be jumping straight to ME2 from the ending of ME1! To be honest I've done so many side missions I'm looking forward to the conclusion. Many of my team are close to maxing out their respective abilities. Story-wise I've only just finished Feros. I did Noveria first because it was closest to the Citadel and seemed like the game was logically suggesting I start there, then I picked up Liara then I did Feros. In-between I've been doing all the side missions.

There are certain uncharted worlds where exploration can get rather... interesting in terms of climbing mountains.

There is a map that shows topography of planets that help you navigate around madly high mountains. I only discovered on Feros that there is first person targeting in the Mako - that sure as hell makes combat easier.

Back