Mass Effect: Andromeda

There never was a good reason to go with the RGB choice other than being a loser to the antagonist and having no choice, peaceful coexistence was possible.

I prefer to imagine everything ended at the Anderson & Shepard scene. :(
You misunderstand, if there is AI in Andromeda the ME3 ending becomes recontextualized.
I suppose even with the destroy ending, nothing stops organics from recreating A.I. ?

Not sure what you're getting at. (derp :confused: dumb as the ending was haha)

Finally some decent chunk of gameplay, I have high hopes for this game and I want to relive that feel when I first played ME2. Pro version with HDR should look spectacular.

The artistic integrity of the writers demands it to have more meaning, or at least remain ambiguous, it wasn't intended like a Saw like scenario where you get to pick three ways to screw shit up by some mad antagonist.

I think you're giving these hacks way too much credit.

I suppose even with the destroy ending, nothing stops organics from recreating A.I. ?

Yes, but the suggestion is that this will lead to a bad end after a while. It's open ended.

If there is AI in Andromeda we know for a fact that's bullshit, the open end gets closed. It's definitely possible for organic life and AI to coexist without one destroying the other, the ME3 ending was really just a meaningless SAW scenario by the antagonist.

With the ending robbed of any real meaning you might as well canonize one and put ME4 in the Milky Way again.

I know it hasn't really been talked about much, but I just wanted to point out that the ending of ME3 was complete and utter shit.

Sometimes I wake up surrounded by empty gin bottles, covered in my own shit, and with the console forum at B3D open on my laptop (with integrated graphics)... and I think that life couldn't get any worse.

But then I remember that I didn't write the ending for ME3.

Not really feeling it from the gameplay trailer. Will wait a few months/a year for it to be on Access.

Yes, but the suggestion is that this will lead to a bad end after a while. It's open ended.

If there is AI in Andromeda we know for a fact that's bullshit, the open end gets closed. It's definitely possible for organic life and AI to coexist without one destroying the other, the ME3 ending was really just a meaningless SAW scenario by the antagonist.

With the ending robbed of any real meaning you might as well canonize one and put ME4 in the Milky Way again.

The Reaper's logic is that synthetic life would eventually snuff out organic life. But their logic is built around an assumption since organic life in the galaxy has never actually been killed off. Plus, the argument never made much sense. While I can see the inevitable conflict between synthetic and organic intelligence because what able minded entity would accept the reality of enslavement? There is a rather large leap from synthetic A.I not wanting to be subjugated by organic intelligence to wanting to rid the galaxy of every roach, mouse, e.coli and blade of grass.

Regardless, reapers have been making smiting trips for billions of years because organics can't help themselves and avoid the creation and use of synthetic intelligence so A.Is in mass effect 4 makes perfect sense.

The reapers were just ridiculous, started well but there's no point in any of them to talk to you, you're stardust to them, do you talk to dust yourself ? I don't think so. (Otherwise please consult !)
"We kill organics before they make synthetics that will kill them", doh, you're a synthetic and killing organics, you sure you are sane at all laser-brain ?
If at least they said "We slaughter organics empires because they spread, destroy and enslave preventing other intelligent organics to emerge" that would at least make a little sense, and give you another ending, agreeing with them not to spread, destroy and enslave...
Anyway ME1 isn't like any other following game and hinted at something a lot better than what was delivered.

The Reaper's logic is that synthetic life would eventually snuff out organic life. But their logic is built around an assumption since organic life in the galaxy has never actually been killed off. Plus, the argument never made much sense.

But if we know for a fact that it made no sense, then there was no player agency. It changes the protagonist maybe making a hard choice on how to save the universe, to the antagonist putting the protagonist in a SAW room without the protagonist breaking it. The antagonist won a convincing victory.

Well except for refuse of course, but then they had to twitter that in the next cycle they just went along with the antagonist any way because fuck you.

Those evniroments look like something else. Also these fire/water effects are on point. Wonder if that was captured on console or PC.
Don't know about the gameplay but looks like it could be fun especially if you can drive and fly around too.

Watched through TGA's for this and Prey

Need unedited footage - the sound FX for explosions is that awful muted stuff that a lot of games are doing because realism.

Biotic charge looks like it'll be fun with the jumping now.

Gameplay looks fun but everything else not so much. Art design seems all over the place, very cartoony. Facial animation in particular is terrible, worse than ME1.

Back