Mass Effect: Andromeda

Most boring first footage for a game ever?
Looks like they did not want to show it but had to. But i sure thought they would have achieved a lot more by now. The game can't be that far now.

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

I assume because it was rather dark they thought it was a good section to show off HDR more than anything.

hszmnonjijkx.jpg

I'm really digging this style of hardware here, its like ME1 but with greater detail

Looks good. I hope I will have HDR TV by the time of the release.

Shame that synth SF music of the original is gone.

Yea really need that synth goodness. I got a hard dose of it from Stranger Things, and now I'm only hoping for more.

So in space there's only war... not surprised neither disappointed, saw it coming.

Yea each storyline line doesn't need to be bigger than life. I think that's an issue with today's RPGS. The storyline are built to be epic, when they can actually be smaller in scale but still effective.

Just don't repeat the Dragon Age Inquisition "gameplay" model. It's really all I'm asking for. Oh, and that bland 3-notes Hans Zimmer knock-of OST from the later games can fuck right off as well of course.

I thought the reveal trailer was a bit of a Hollywood stuff, but Initiative Orientation Briefing has the ME feeling again! :love:

So is it known yet how they will handle AI?

Simply put them in the game and pretend ME3 doesn't exist. Simply not put a single one in the game without explanation to try to not offend anyone. Or space magic which makes AI impossible, to have a cohesive narrative compatible with ME3?

So is it known yet how they will handle AI?

Simply put them in the game and pretend ME3 doesn't exist. Simply not put a single one in the game without explanation to try to not offend anyone. Or space magic which makes AI impossible, to have a cohesive narrative compatible with ME3?
The game takes place 600 years in the future, but the Ark Initiative seems to have launched sometime during the events of ME3, so the ending of ME3 won't have a particular.....

.....effect....

....on the masses. ;)

>_<

--------

idk, I guess we just won't see geth unless they sent a stealth, infiltrator platform/unit. Maybe they'll have rudimentary AI that develops and goes rogue again like the first game. :unsure:

The Ark Initiative moniker is probably no coincidence either, but I'm just AlNet Insane or something. A bit netty.

------

I think there was a twitter thing about Reapers not being in the game, but honestly, if the Reapers were hiding in deep space, why only limit themselves to the Milky Way? :oops:

Last edited:
You misunderstand, if there is AI in Andromeda the ME3 ending becomes recontextualized. There never was a good reason to go with the RGB choice other than being a loser to the antagonist and having no choice, peaceful coexistence was possible.

The artistic integrity of the writers demands it to have more meaning, or at least remain ambiguous, it wasn't intended like a Saw like scenario where you get to pick three ways to screw shit up by some mad antagonist.

So that presents a bit of a writing problem, curious how they will solve it.

Last edited:
Back