Mass Effect Trilogy

• Thread starter Deleted member 11852
  • Start date
It seems Silent_Buddha was expecting a different game altogether and can't enjoy ME2 for what it is. It is a great game, if you can get over it not being an RPG. I enjoyed Baldur's Gate very much but Mass Effect is the logical endpoint from BG through Kotor. That's what Bioware makes now and they are damn good at it. Other studios still make traditional RPG's.

Yes, I was expecting a proper sequel to ME1. Not something that is radically different.

Regards,
SB

Look up CSI Mass Effect when you're done ME2.
Ok, ME2 done. Epic! :yes: Can you link to what specific CSI Mass Effect content I should be looking at because google finds a lot and most of it looks crap.

Just the YT vids mimicking the CSI Miami intros/one-liners. If you don't like those then.... nevermind.

edit:

I think this was the first one

Looks like the ones from other users came much later and are worse though. :confused:

damn silly auto-media-bbcode.

Anyways

Last edited:
Shepard is a jerk is probably the better compilation of things. :p

I gather canon Shephard (no save import) is a dick in terms of the decisions you inherit so I'm glad I'm sticking to one platform for all three games. ME3 and controller mod is installed for play when I am but I need a change of pace.

Now replaying AC Unity which is truly beautiful on PC. I like being revolutionary renaissance Batman. :yes:

Once I'm done with Unity I'll start ME3 then I really want to replay the trilogy as renegade female Adept Shepard. I was sooo tempted by some of the dickish dialogue options on many occasions. :yes: In general I really liked the dialogue in ME2, it made my laugh out loud (in a good way) quite a lot.

Propably a very minority opinion. ME2 improved almost everything about the game. Combat is better

No, shooting is "better" for some ... but combat is broken in other ways. Most offensive powers are completely useless on the harder difficulties.

The system only became slightly sane with ME3, with the addition of explosions and secondary effects to powers. It's still a cowards way out of balancing powers, but at least it doesn't throw them on the trash heap.

Want to start ME1 but turns out it doesn't supprt a controller! though the game is even on th eps3 now. So weird. Any proper non buggy mod to fix it? and any other mods recommended to make it feel better?

Want to start ME1 but turns out it doesn't supprt a controller! though the game is even on th eps3 now. So weird. Any proper non buggy mod to fix it? and any other mods recommended to make it feel better?

I installed the ubiquitous controller mod. Read the install instructions though because if you're installing DLC (which I didn't) or the utterly fantastic MEUITM texture pack (which I did) then you need to install things in a specific order. I never had any problems with the controller mod in ME1, ME2 and I've installed it in ME3 for when I have time to start that game.

Now I've played Mass Effect 2 and 3 again.

I can understand that some people were disappointed in the end of Mass Effect 3. After having spent countless hours playing the three video games where they experienced comradeship, friendship and romance. However the truth is that the heroes usually have to make great sacrifices.

Here Shepard sacrifices not only himself but also the future which other characters could have had with him. As it is often said: "This is life". Everything has an end and everyone has to die. Even the player himself.
I prefer the end of Mass Effect 3 in contrast to a generic one, as it occurs with most video games and movies. The later detailed version has advantages and disadvantages. Now the player knows more about how it goes after his last decision. Therefore he thinks less about the end.

As in 2012 I found Mass Effect 3 very good again. I have my doubts whether ME: Andromeda will impress me as well. I could call many arguments why part 3 is even better than part 2.

But this can be continued at a different time.

What I found annoying about Mas Effect 3 is the fact that Javik was a DLC character. Without him a very important character is missing. That feels definitely cut out. Good thing I had him this time around. For me he is one of the most interesting characters and he even has the most dialogue options besides Liara and thus significantly more than James, Ashley, Tali, Garrus or Kasumi. Probably also more than Joker and Edi. Zaeed for example was not absolutely necessary in Mass Effect 2. There was not much to talk about. However Javik has a lot to say. Frightening that he was missing.

Last edited:
Did anybody play ME3 on PC with a controller because the mod I was happily using for a few hours does not work with the terminals in the Spectres Office in the Citadel, nor the War Situation terminals aboard the Normandy. Which is a pretty big problem. :yep2:

edit: never mind. I updated my mod and I'm back to saving the galaxy. :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
No DLC. I've picked up Turian Primarch and Wrex, saved the Primarch's son on the Krogan home world, defused the Turian bomb, rescued the female Krogan, cured the Genophage, rescued a bunch of biotic kids from Cerberus aboard a space Academy and saved the Rachni Queen (again - worst ally ever!). Aria's mercenary forces are allied as are the Krogan and Turian fleets, so are the Salarian STG commanders. I've just passed the minimum level of support required to face the Reapers and the crucible is well under construction but I reckon I have plenty left to do.

I've not had any direct engagements with the Reapers except on the Krogan home world where some help from a massive named Thresher Maw made that a bit of a one-sided battle.

I'm not in a hurry to rush through ME3, I'm enjoying it immensely. :yes:

No DLC. I've picked up Turian Primarch and Wrex, saved the Primarch's son on the Krogan home world, defused the Turian bomb, rescued the female Krogan, cured the Genophage, rescued a bunch of biotic kids from Cerberus aboard a space Academy and saved the Rachni Queen (again - worst ally ever!). Aria's mercenary forces are allied as are the Krogan and Turian fleets, so are the Salarian STG commanders. I've just passed the minimum level of support required to face the Reapers and the crucible is well under construction but I reckon I have plenty left to do.

I've not had any direct engagements with the Reapers except on the Krogan home world where some help from a massive named Thresher Maw made that a bit of a one-sided battle.

I'm not in a hurry to rush through ME3, I'm enjoying it immensely. :yes:
get that citadel DLC. It's really good. I think it's the best part of ME3

Finished ME3 a few weeks ago before starting Andromeda and thoroughly liked it. Including the ending. :yes:

You get a slideshow of consequences with the extended cut. :p

I imagine you could retcon the stupid explanations with the A.I./Catalyst/Reaper just not explaining the "whole" thing.
<redacted>
Can of worms. Whatever. :runaway:

BW just needs to pick it as canon and explain what's up with the N7 armour at the end of Destroy.

Maybe they're going back towards Dark Energy as a universal problem with Andromeda. idk.

Last edited:
Back