Looks Like Far Cry will support 3dc, AMD 64, and HDR

What I want to know is if they fix it.. will performance drop??

jvd said:
thats why i wanted it. THe version i have has the problems. But i thought they told driverheaven it was fixed in the release coming on tuesday

What I understood was the v1.2 was a NVidia performance patch and v1.3 will be a ati features patch(maybe performance). But since v1.2 has brought up new issues with ATI cards they updating it(not including new features).

Maybe they'll delay it further to sort out this Nvidia issue too??

That looks like a shadow mapping artifact. I'm not sure what techniques farcry is using, but it definately looks like some issues you see with shadow maps.

The radeon is probably using a projected texture.

Just a thought...

Unknown Soldier said:
What I want to know is if they fix it.. will performance drop??

jvd said:
thats why i wanted it. THe version i have has the problems. But i thought they told driverheaven it was fixed in the release coming on tuesday

What I understood was the v1.2 was a NVidia performance patch and v1.3 will be a ati features patch(maybe performance). But since v1.2 has brought up new issues with ATI cards they updating it(not including new features).

Maybe they'll delay it further to sort out this Nvidia issue too??

I honestly don't think its a patch issue in regards to nvidias shadows. I think its left over from nv3x optimzations in the drivers.

As for ati there are tons of problems with mipmaps and may when fixed lead to a perfromance incease .

Also 3dc should speed up the x800s a small amount

Back