Last of Us [PS4]

Great improvement here
iYGbFxpnMpOhe.png

wow, the 1st level of TLOU on PS3 stands well when compared toPS4 on that gamersyde video :D
then goes to the 2nd level and the difference becomemore apparent.

thats what i felt too when i played it on PS3. The 1st level is superb, then shocked with the 2nd level that blurry and jagged. then my mind get accustomed to it :D

Gamersyde video is great, it really shows drastic differences, especially in Chapter 2.

BTW, if ND enabled better shadows in 30fps mode, why not add little better AA [or even some supersampling]?

maybe they opted for the easiest enhancements possible in the time/budget limit they had.
We have to keep in mind that this is just a remastered port, not a remake.
People on other forums are going crazy because it does not look like UC4, i don't remember people complaining about the MGS collection on ps3 which had less enhancements other the original ps2 games.

I'm so looking forward to this - it's becoming a real test of willpower to not start playing again on my PlayStation 3 right now, dammit! :yes:

I still have six days to wrangle over whether to play on 60fps or 30fps with better lighting and shadowing. Part of owning a console means not having to make these hellish decisions, thanks ND ;) What are you guys doing? 30 or 60?

Related, I saw on Eurogamer yesterday that the movie guys are talking to Maisie Williams (Ayra Stark from Game of Thrones) to play Ellie in the movie. Could be an interesting choice!

It is not. Its an optical illusion because the shadows on the 60fps are softening within the sunlit area.
I print screened it and moved a piece of the lit area of one image to the other and its exactly the same

It is not. Its an optical illusion because the shadows on the 60fps are softening within the sunlit area.
I print screened it and moved a piece of the lit area of one image to the other and its exactly the same
Thanks. The poster of that image also said the following:
More discussion from my friend with the game, the tree was moving, not static. Static shadows aren't as noticeably different.

just a random thought but, does it really have to go from pretty to ugly, 30 to 60?
why not something like 900P/60 with OK shadows?

or good looking shadows with frame rate lock off?

Back