Last of Us [PS4]

There is an option, which is customer friendly but retailer hostile (so naturally I like it :yes:), which is Sony releasing digitally on Tuesdays and retailers can hold until Friday or conform. I get the America argument, it's a big country but the UK is tiny. I walked around it at lunch time :yep2: The entire map of GTA V is bigger than the UK :yep2: QFT! :yep2:

But I still won't to get to play most games until the weekend :nope:

In practice I see retailers over here usually having the game in store up to a week before the digital/official release date.

Like someone else mentioned above, I'm not really that into zombies or any other supernatural element.

When the game's art and graphics go for hyper-realism and fidelity, no need to tart it up with aliens or some fantasy creatures.

Then again, if it's realistic and one shot kills, then the game becomes something like MGS.

Yeah, they have "grounded" that supernatural disease down to the realistic level. Disease is dispersed through spores that cause multiple stages of fungus expansion inside the brain and body of the victim.

They did a good job with that.

Yeah, they have "grounded" that supernatural disease down to the realistic level. Disease is dispersed through spores that cause multiple stages of fungus expansion inside the brain and body of the victim.

They did a good job with that.

And based on an existing fungus that does this with ants.

But in the end, it's still zombies to me, just really fast and annoying ones. I do think it's cool how some of them are blind and go for audio cues only.

But in the end, it's still zombies to me, just really fast and annoying ones. I do think it's cool how some of them are blind and go for audio cues only.

Well I dont know. Its the most realistic take I have ever seen for a non human enemy in a game. What other ideas are left? We always get terrorists, criminals, monsters and zombies edit: aaaaaaaand aliens for my friend Brad :p. The good thing about this one is that they arent the typical zombie monsters and it blends well with the universe and the script for a refreshing experience.
The execution was sooooo good

Well I dont know. Its the most realistic take I have ever seen for a non human enemy in a game. What other ideas are left? We always get terrorists, criminals, monsters and zombies edit: aaaaaaaand aliens for my friend Brad :p. The good thing about this one is that they arent the typical zombie monsters and it blends well with the universe and the script for a refreshing experience.
The execution was sooooo good

Sure. But they end up looking like stuff from Doom anyway, and for me, that's just so ... meh. It's not what I want from enemies.

I'd prefer really, really beautiful looking enemies. ;)

Like the movie species?! But then, we'd probably want to mate with them, not kill them... :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure. But they end up looking like stuff from Doom anyway, and for me, that's just so ... meh. It's not what I want from enemies.

I'd prefer really, really beautiful looking enemies. ;)

What is quite interesting to me: the enemies are more like (dangerous) animals instead of zombies.

The infected have such a clear and well developed behavior, that you learn throughout the game how to treat them - you are not afraid of them because they are scary, but because you know that they are dangerous and you have to treat them with respect, similar to as you would treat a poisoned snake in reality: it is per se not scary, but dangerous as hell and you better treat them appropriately (and in the best case just run away, similar to the sneak/stealth gameplay in TLOU, which is generally encouraged by the scarce resources such as ammo).

Furthermore, the infected have a typical environment and living area, such that when you enter this area, you automatically switch to a careful playstyle, as you know that there are potentially dangerous living creatures out there.

ND really succeeded in making the infected part of the world, like animals, quite organic, and not just an artificial horror element.

Runners can see, but all clickers are blind.

From Spanish Meristation.com employee:

BspgfOJIAAEyen4.jpg:large

Bsphf_EIcAESiQX.jpg:large

BspijOTCEAAhTXL.jpg:large

Not all technical improvements are listed [Druckman mentioned them in previous interviews]. Its nice that 30fps limiter is becoming present in many games. It will help with Remote Play, and will give better experience to people who prefer 30fps. [I'm not one of them :) ]

Better LOD: Does it mean better LOD transitions or higher polygon models during gameplay this time around?

I dont think the framerate will be unstable. They talked a lot that they worked hard to achieve perfect 60fps.

They probably added optional 30fps limiter for those who prefer that framerate [even some ND employee tweeted that he prefferes 30 over 60], or maybe for people who wish to play the game via Remote Play [30fps lock helped in Infamous and KZSF]. Small chance, but maybe they will increase quality of effects in 30fps mode [I would not say no to downsampling from "1440p+good AA" :D].

One additional thing from that Meristation.com guy, he mentioned that day1 patch will feature Photo Mode.

there are people who prefer 30fps..not only that,but they may use that lock option to also push higher quality IQ not possible with the 60fps option.

Would stick to locked 30fps if iq or effects are further improved. Also dat photo mode is rather tasty:), the game is a pure work of art.

Back