Image Quality and Framebuffer Analysis for Available/release build Games *Read the first post*

Can I just remind people of the title of this thread? This is the thread for analysing IQ and framebuffer res. Discussion of technolgical implementations should be moved elsewhere.

Apart from the shots not being exactly the same and different contrast settings, they look to be the same. Things would get more interesting if we could compare the frame rate though.

Yeah, the synchronicity of the shots leaves much to be desired. But anyways, the face texturing is quite impressive none-the-less (skin shading and occlusion map).

Same story: 360 appears better texture at least in the first pic: look the ice

Maybe I'm missing something :?:

Yeah, the synchronicity of the shots leaves much to be desired. But anyways, the face texturing is quite impressive none-the-less (skin shading and occlusion map).

Maybe I'm missing something :?:

Look at the ice: seem something about occlusion, SSAO on 360 & not on ps3. I repeat, seems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah... you mean on the right side. I figured it was the lighting/gamma/black level difference. :)

Actually PS3's shots appeared to have more details shown in the textures even though they're duller in contrast. 360's shots are higher in contrast as usual resulting in over bright or exposure thus crashing out subtle details and colors if you look carefully. I don't think it's SSAO either since they both appear to have the same shadow tones, just fainter on ps3's version.

Either that or the shots are simply of a low quality... maybe from an analogue component source? I would trust in IW to do better based on its previous work.

the indoor shots seem to show higher quality textures for the PS3 although that might just because there isn't a direct comparison in the place at the same angle other than that and the afore mentioned contrast issue though they look pretty much identical to me

Ice-picks - Ice

This picture to me has a lot of differences.

http://www.videogameszone.de/m,brow...2: Grafik-Vergleich zwischen PS3 vs. Xbox 360

If there is a big difference in the capture then differences are meaningless.

If there is the same capture quality, upper picture has sharper texture and clearer rendering on the ice-picks. Example is the screws. The upper picture has clear detail but the lower picture has rough quality. Lower picture also has too much white area and not enough transitions, as if anything above certain brightness is automatically white. Maybe this is from compression or bad capture also so anyone who can give explanation for this difference would be appreciated.

ps.

They have said they will be updating the PS3 pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's nothing technical in your comparison of those pics. And they are very poor shots for comparison.

Especially that last ice pick pic.

i'm sorry but this comparison set is so horribly mismatched that you cant draw any conclusions from them. its like comparing apples to oranges. Resolution looks the same on both by just eye balling it tho.

Back