Image Quality and Framebuffer Analysis for Available/release build Games *Read the first post*

Post release performance patches are normally pretty small, be it from changes to the game or to the drivers (in this case it's probably drivers via a game patch).

If you're rebuilding the game on the latest SDK and you have the headroom, might as well increase the resolution I say.

Seems pretty pointless. The difference between 900p and 9xxp is likely to be pretty infinitesimal.

Just tried, and I guess it's the difference between a quarter of a pixel Gaussian in softness. It must be a very easy change to make as it seems like a purposeless improvement.

Oh Im not saying it is going to be some sort of awesome improvement. I just thought it was interesting seeing that no other dev has done this. Respaun even teased they would do this but never did.

It's just odd they'd even bother. I can only conclude the effort involved was literally, "I was just messing about with different values for BufferDimensions and 1000p seems like it works." "Okay, let's bung it into the next patch."

There can't have been more to it than that in terms of complex optimisations because the return isn't worth any investment at all! No-one would know if it wasn't mentioned.

It's just odd they'd even bother. I can only conclude the effort involved was literally, "I was just messing about with different values for BufferDimensions and 1000p seems like it works." "Okay, let's bung it into the next patch."

There can't have been more to it than that in terms of complex optimisations because the return isn't worth any investment at all! No-one would know if it wasn't mentioned.

Maybe it's just basic engine work that goes on while they develop the next game. Might as well patch it in.

Maybe it's just basic engine work that goes on while they develop the next game. Might as well patch it in.

Interesting how the developer of Shadow of Mordor put it about the controversial 6GB ultra textures. They said we had this kind of ultra detailed stuff running on our (likely supercomputer-esque) dev PC's anyway, we figured why not release it to the populace. I like that, I suppose. Probably could go for all games.

Yes, from what I just read the season 2 update is free for owners of season 1.
The new characters will only be able to fight against. If you want to play as them you can purchase them individually or as a package.

gzv67dlo70q560uu23rq.jpg

http://www.pcgames.de/Call-of-Duty-...ikvergleich-zwischen-PS4-und-Xbox-One-1141198

Is that XB1 black crush on purpose? Or just some weird XB1/TV calibration issue. You can barely see his left hand...

looks like the result of shadows, the ammo clip on the XB1 version is definitely casting a shadow. It does also look a pinch darker.
It's not a result of shadows, because the gamma differences are consistent throughout the whole video (except where they're swapped in the first part of the video). Shadows are just darker and thus crushing a lot of dark detail. There is clearly a lot of black crush on the XB1 version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Black crush/grey blacks is a common feature of comparisons where the captures use one standard for one machine and break the other. Best just to ignore it and recognise that on a correct display setup, the game will look comparable regards histogram.

Back