Image Quality and Framebuffer Analysis for Available/release build Games *Read the first post*

Yeah, Ironman's clearly 1080p at least. With all the DOF blur in that shot, it doesn't really matter what the rest of the game's resolution is. :p

So my conclusion is that as publishers give the best images and materials of the game they have (in most cases), this resolution is probably the resolution of the PS4 (or/and X1) port of this game because I can't see PC with such a strange resolution.

Can anyone having the PS4 game at hand confirm my hypothesis?

Correct, the PC version does not run at that weird resolution, it has all the standard resolution options including 1080p and I assume beyond if your monitor is capable. The only AA option through the game menus is "edge antialiasing" whatever that refers too.

Graphics wise there's no difference to the PS4 shots shown above. I assume the two versions are comparable.

I wonder what the new year resolutions are.

Happy new Year BEYOND3D! Cake and champagne for all! Things could be a bit better, and hope that 2014 brings us great things.

Here are some shots, can u guys do ur number magic on these , please:

Be1oYebIcAAGgtm.jpg:orig

Be1KSS8IAAA_5KE.jpg:orig

Be1KJKbIYAAZTMN.jpg:orig

Looks native. Can't tell AA method from compression though, but it does look very clean. Possibly just post-AA.

Is it really native? I felt otherwise while playing.

There is aliasing in the game, sometimes very evident. I will try capture a more aliased shot tomorrow. Want to know what AA they use, could be the reason for the not so crisp image.

Try looking at the last image at the doorway edge. It's pretty obvious. The left arch in the second image is pretty clear too. There's even a sliver edge in the ceiling between the grates.

But anyways, there's a crap ton of compression.

Want to know what AA they use, could be the reason for the not so crisp image.

mm... Possibly. During firefights, there might be some other malarky going on with transparencies or post-processing (you'll have to capture that, unfortunately), but that's just a guess. Of course, the AF isn't maxed out either.

Here are some shots, can u guys do ur number magic on these , please:

I would say the game is 1080p native:

Warframe_PS4_cropped.png

We can count (not easily because it's very compressed and blurry) 22 "steps" on this "22p" cropped detail of your third image.

But the AF seems really low, giving those low res textures and the impression the game is sub-1080p even if it's 1080p native in my opinion.

About the Anti Aliasing: the game obviously has a strong post effect AA but maybe not necessary some strong nasty blurry FXAA because we can still notice some obvious bright (luminance) contrast in this vertical edge detail for instance:

Warframe_PS4_cropped_vertical.png

If a strong FXAA was in effect there wouldn't be this sharp contrasted limit I think (unless FXAA is very light like with Far Cry 3 on PS3). Also FXAA does not blur so cleanly those kind of edges in my experience. Not sure about any of it anyway, all those sub-details could come from the compression.

So I am confident about the native 1080p but not really sure about the post effect AA used.

Yeah, it's at least smart enough to go in a particular edge direction. Could be MLAA/SMAA variant, though tbh, for the purpose of this thread, probably just good enough to label things as post-AA considering the number of implementations. FXAA itself has a wide variety of settings.

Save the specifics for dev interviews. ;)

At the very least, it looks 1080 lines high. A bit harder to tell for the other axis since there's not much undersampled+non-smeared vertical shenanigans in those shots, but it wouldn't shock me if it's 1920 wide.

At the very least, it looks 1080 lines high. A bit harder to tell for the other axis since there's not much undersampled+non-smeared vertical shenanigans in those shots, but it wouldn't shock me if it's 1920 wide.

This was as good as I could find. There's some clear edge AA going on. The consistency at least indicates no upscaling.
j5Ppv3V.jpg

-----

Ergo, native res & some post-AA. :p

Hmm...so its native 1080p? Maybe the feeling I get is due to the AA blurring the pic. Can't help with the compression while providing pics, there's no other way on the ps4. I have some screens which have some specular aliasing, will they help?

Hi mates.

I would like to know the native resolution for Beyong Two Souls Ps3. I've seen in some webs is 720p 30fps MLAA, but i just have started to play and it has black bars like Dragon's Dogma/Battlefield 3...

its 720p, if you count the black bars. Black bars are a performance saving trick that allows for less being rendered with no grimy upscaling. Its also being used in Order 1886.

Hi mates.

I would like to know the native resolution for Beyong Two Souls Ps3. I've seen in some webs is 720p 30fps MLAA, but i just have started to play and it has black bars like Dragon's Dogma/Battlefield 3...

I think the visible area in the game is 1280x540.

Back