IGN makes predictions on consoles for 2007*

They do, but Fox5's suggestion was to have Bluetooth in the nunchucks and wiimotes so they didn't have to be physically connected to each other, to communicate with the Wii.

Ah, I swear I read the whole thread :oops:. That would be cool, but you would run out of slots (as noted). Slightly OT: is there a way to get two bluetooth base stations to talk to one another (effectively increasing the device number to 14)?

Ah, I swear I read the whole thread :oops:. That would be cool, but you would run out of slots (as noted). Slightly OT: is there a way to get two bluetooth base stations to talk to one another (effectively increasing the device number to 14)?

From what I understand of Bluetooth, you would have to setup two piconets (which creates a scatternet), with the master device in one piconet being a slave in the other piconet. This would allow you have 14 devices in one Bluetooth network.

So for example the Wiimotes are slave devices to the Wii which is one piconet and the nunchucks are slave devices to the Wiimotes which would create your other piconet. From what I gather no one's really done many actual implementations of scatternets, so you'd be heading in untested territory.

Back