I won right to buy the PS4 20th Anniversary Edition, What should i do with it?

O_O
Well you have two options, stick with it if you love the design or sell it if someone is willing to pay enough money for it.

So that's why the Sony representative asking my personal info and address again...

Btw they seems still in disarray. The email already contain the money I need to transfer to bank account but they also send email to wait for March for more info about the payment.

Lol yeah. Although the whole experience is rather weird.

Happy to win. Annoyed to pay the ransom. Disappointed for the wait and Sony only give 'sorry letter'.

I mean.. This is their bloody 20th anniversary special for (insert godly deity here) sake...

They do seem to have set up a really convoluted system for payment and delivery. It shouldn't have to be so messy.

cv0136.jpg

okay, sony just emailed me to call them to get the exact delivery/shipping cost.

O_O

why the heck they cant simply calculate the cost from the address i have given them. /facepalm

gonna call them tomorrow.

just called sony and... guess what they say?

"do you want this to be delivered or picked up on our store?" <--- O_O how many times i have stated to them that i want it delivered to me

"Okay, so we will call you on Saturday about the delivery cost because we have not weighted the PS4, then we also need to look for the cost for the insurance and wood packaging" <--- what the... then why you give me the shipping cost on previous email complete with insurance and wood packaging.

i also just called other sony for my Vaio Tap 11 that has been in their hand since Dec 2014.

"please wait" *long silence*
*in background* "so how should we tell him" *long silence*
"hello, it will be ready next week" <--- O_O is this their standard answer or something...
"we're still waiting for the WLAN".
"yeah its an approximation but should come in next wednesday".

im dead curious, do any of you guys have ever in talks with sony's service? good experience?

although i guess im still lucky that they still consider me as the winner for buying ps4 20th anniversary. That case in japan is a total facepalm.

O_O sony just called and... the delivery cost is insaaaaaaaaaaaaane. and the funny thing is.

"if you transfer the money right now, we may be able to deliver the PS4 today"
"yes, its an approximation of whether we can deliver it today or not"
"we'll talk later after you transfer the money, emailed the transfer receipt, and call us for confirmation"

O_O im speechless...

okay just got an email from them (seriously.. using @yahoo email account...) that my PS4 has been shipped and should arrive tuesday. i will absolutely follow your suggestion of recording when i open it.

Thank you guys for the support! I can't survive this many months if not because your continuing support! :D

THE PS4 20th Anniversary is in hand. On the other hand the price already sunk down a whole lot on eBay... :( My conspiracy theory is sony deliberately delay the delivery because they dont want it to be auctioned.

Anybody wanna buy it?

qVsJTmx.jpg

The box is still unopened and sealed by "Sony Indonesia" hologram sticker (no shrink wrap) and my memory card ran out of space while recording.

@Shifty Geezer @Nesh @DSoup @djskribbles @RenegadeRocks @everybody :p
should i open the seal and do full unboxing?

Last edited:
Depends on if you want to sell it or not. Future value is greatly preserved by preserving the original condition. As a long-term investment, stick it in a vacuum bag in a cool, dark place for 30 years. For a short term investment, sell it now. For fun, open it and use it. But you can't open it without knocking off a major percentage of future sale price.

At least you got it and it wasn't a scam! :D

Back