I won right to buy the PS4 20th Anniversary Edition, What should i do with it?

OMG..
The PS4 20th Anniversary Edition is DELAYED 3 months for my country :/

and Sony in my country basically just say "we're sorry, please be patient" in the official letter. I wonder... Do Sony Asia know about thus brouhaha.... O_O

1. the winners need to pay 200 dollar extra for it to Sony
2. It delayed 3 months

Like Shifty just wrote, it could be a scam.

Are you sure the email address that sent you the whole "right to buy the PS4" notification is from a genuine Sony domain name? Be sure to check the real email address and not the sender indicated by your email software.

I was kidding! It's just Sony being their usual selves, I expect. Unless Sony were hacked again and the email addresses of all the entrants were obtained...

yeah its a real sony. i also have received the package containing free limited premiums (PS branded flashdisk, cup, etc). its just the PS4 being stuck in customs.

They are selling for $1200 on ebay (and a few seemingly a lot more). Did they cost just the normal $399? Where were they available in USA?

I've kinda soured on ebay lately, high fees and a buyer who returned product, it's usually not really worth it, but that kind of premium is. I should have jumped on those.

yeah on other regions it was priced normally. Its just in Indonesia that i know of priced extra expensive. Maybe due to the crazy tax and bribing and stuff that must be done to import stuff, officially.

How much is the original price of this edition? The tax should be less than 20% unless they mistakenly label it as a winner's gift or something (pemenang undian), which then you must pay 25% from the original price. But since you are not winning the console, but the right to buy, then it should be less than 20%. Unless of course they put the shipping cost to you and they choose an expensive shipping method, then an extra $200 is possible.
Off course the people at the custom might got greedy and compare this console edition price to the eBay price (which can be more than $1000) instead of using the Sony pricing, thus asking for $200.

they asked for Rp 7.5 million but should be 5.5 to 6 million.

other than those stuff, the extra price probably also because sony play "safe" with the currency rate? because the trend since december is our currency keep diving like mad.

I have a feeling that if they just ship it using something like DHL it would arrive sooner and will probably cost you less than $200.

orangpelupa, I would have made you an offer bro.

I very nearly skived off work and went down to the PS shop where folks were lining up to win one.

I reckon 20 years from now, when gaming consoles are dead, and everyone is either playing games on mobiles devices or PCs (according to the press and the internet), and Sony has gone under, these 20th anniversary edition PS4's will be worth enough for me to retire on :devilish:

Thats Rp 30,242,426,785
it will allow you to buy a small island or ridiculously super-duper awesome house in a beautiful hill in city center.

OR

happily enjoy your life forever and LIVE LIKE A KING if put in a bank
every month you will get Rp 604,848,535. (2 percent interest http://www.bankmandiri.co.id/resource/bunga_02122011.asp)

EDIT:
every month you can buy 3 new popular car and still lives like a king.

sony finally contacted me to pay the ransom and shipping cost for the PS4 anniversary edition.

their 1st question was "do you still interested to pay for the PS4 20th Anniversary Edition" -___-

the shipping cost is rather expensive, probably due to they say they will pack it inside a wooden box and put an insurance on it.

IF they even put a DENT on the bloody box.. im gonna ... ugh. gonna what....

Go to my country @Cyan
You will instantaneously become filthy rich (we have bad exchange rate, full meal only for 1 dollar) and can invest in crazy amount of jobs :D (the current government currecurrently going full tilt to ask investment from everyone and will ease up foreign investment)

Back