Heavenly Sword pre E3 hype?

mckmas8808 said:
Hey Deano I know you're not on the same team and probably don't talk to the others (you might I don't know) but do you think what Sony show with Killzone 3 and Motocross could be done in real-time like you guys done with HS?
You know that if he does answer this kind of questions, hordes of fanboys with basic AI (they can copy/pastes things, troll in formation etc...) will copy paste, his opinions and thought on the subject, all over the intarweb.

Being in the middle of a fanboys/viral marketers war is not Deano want.

What he want, only, is to make a sequel to KFC. Isn't that right, Deano? :mrgreen:

wco81 said:
So the final product will be an 1080p game? Running at a high target FPS?

Will it use HDR?
Sony asked for 1080p for the trailer, so we provided it... Assuming all things being equal I can't see why the final game wouldn't...

FPS I'll be really disappointed if we can't keep a steady 30 at worse and would prefer 60 but given time scales 60 may not be possible (I'm personally fussy about framerate so I'll try for a steady 60fps)

HDR is bread and butter for us, something like 2 years old tech. Originally 16 bit integer (back in the ATI 9800 days) now FP16 based. X360 has a nice 32 bit float mode (FP10) but I expect that will be quite hard to use for proper HDR (never got a chance to use it so can't really comment), considering we have actually hit precision issues with FP16 framebuffers (64 bit). FP16 seems to be the best comprimise for a framebuffer at the moment (its enough for most lighting, though we run out of precision directly in front of the sun (noticeable on our cloud renderer))

Congrats on the first big payoff for your work Deano. :) Looks spectacular. And most of all, it looks like a lot of fun. Keep us updated...please. PEACE.

That's very good news on the framerate, Deano. I hope everything turns out well.

In fact, I just watched the Sony conference again and I must say, Heavenly Sword is among my biggest anticpated titles now. The animation and the action looks amazingly good and fun to play. I'm not sure now, but what is the release target? NA/Europe launch?

Also, not sure if you have info on the subject (and allowed to share), but can we here in Europe expect equal support on the resolution front (HD resolutions)?

Thanks in advance. :D

Also, not sure if you have info on the subject (and allowed to share), but can we here in Europe expect equal support on the resolution front (HD resolutions)?

Just watch as they all remove progressive scan support for the EU. Think of the bliss of spending the next 5 years watching 480i games on your big screen tv. Oh, the joy. :cry:

Yeah I look forward to it too.

I'm mostly a sports gamer but enjoyed the action-intensive God of War. And Ratchet and Clank too. Definitely prefer these kinds of action games to FPS.

oi said:

Just watch as they all remove progressive scan support for the EU. Think of the bliss of spending the next 5 years watching 480i games on your big screen tv. Oh, the joy. :cry:

Now now. I am the first ambassador for Europe discrimination crap from the US and Japan. But really, unless Sony removes the 2 HDMI ports on PS3, i think we can rest assured we will all get the same HD output, even in Europe. There would be no point in having HDMI without HD.

HDTV is slowly but inevitably making its way here, and i'm very close to buying one, only stalling for the whole 1080p thing, especially now that it's a big thing on PS3. Wouldn't wanna be stuck with a 720p/1080i display while i could get 1080p instead.

Deano, like what you did with that 'stupid skirt' syndrome! 8)

Great work...definitely a MAJOR upgrade from last years shots! 8)

HDTV is slowly but inevitably making its way here, and i'm very close to buying one, only stalling for the whole 1080p thing, especially now that it's a big thing on PS3. Wouldn't wanna be stuck with a 720p/1080i display while i could get 1080p instead.

I'm pretty much doing the same. Although I doubt we'll see much of 1080p in the next 6 months in Europe (for any reasonable price anyway), I'm sure the HD craze will start for real with the next world cup, which should be around the same time or before we get any next gen launches.

oi said:

I'm pretty much doing the same. Although I doubt we'll see much of 1080p in the next 6 months in Europe (for any reasonable price anyway), I'm sure the HD craze will start for real with the next world cup, which should be around the same time or before we get any next gen launches.

See i hate football with a vengeance, but if we get to see the world cup in HD in the UK, i'm sold :D

mckmas8808 said:
Here are the links to the pictures. The pics are too big to post.

Just copy and paste into bar. :)

http://media.ign.com/thumb/112/1121576/heavenly-sword-20050516074019074_thumb.jpg

This picture of the girl with red hair was used in todays Wall Street Journal to demonstrate the graphic prowess of the PS3. The article was on all three next gen systems with both the PS3 w/controller and XB-360 console being pictured on the first page of the "Personal" section, along with the Heavenly Sword red hair girl. You beat out Quake 4 which had a pic to demonstrate the XB-360, but it was buried several pages back with the continuation of the next-gen article.

The Wall Street Journal is the top buisness newspaper in America, but I think most people realize that.

I have to ask.

Deano, what hair colour stuff did you use for the girl? Cause that is one bright red. L'Oreal? Are you worth it? Cause i am.

london-boy said:
I have to ask.

Deano, what hair colour stuff did you use for the girl? Cause that is one bright red. L'Oreal? Are you worth it? Cause i am.

All down to our Special Effects :)

(In case that pun is too obscure, Special Effects is a brand of 'punk' hair dyes)

Back