The Annual E3 Pre Hype, 2018 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Likely. E3 used to be closed except to media and press but for quite a few years now, conferences like E3 are a terrible environment for engaging with the press. You have a fixed window to show what you want, whether it's ready or not, and you're fighting for attention with 100 other titles with journalists are rushing from A to B trying to cover everything so you're getting sub-optimal coverage.
Right however they are adapting around the events. Giantbomb was talking about how devs are now making time on the weekend for them since they know they will be out there earlier . I am sure they will just have media only days and save the following weekend (fri-sunday or thur-sunday) for the fans.

I feel like I should be making The Annual E3 threads now, but everything seems to 'meh...' this year around. Maybe late Friday or early Saturday after some relaxation I'll find the motivation.

Just learned that Crackdown 3 is delayed.

What we really need is some exclusive games for Xbox. At least they should give us announcements for future titles, if they cannot fill the void in 2018.

UqkFdL6.png

Today new game, I think it is a AA game and probably by a studio working with Sony before. Supermassive? Arrowhead?

Last edited by a moderator:
Automobile Association game? Rapid response and repair of breakdowns. Or Alcoholics Anonymous? Perhaps a game where you have to shadow an alcoholic and help them avoid the booze. Either seems a good fit for VR.

Microsoft are the wildcard here, very little is known about their presentation. I am expecting CyberPunk 2077 to be part of their presentation, though.

I was thinking maybe Stranger Things meets State of Decay 2 meets Horizon: Zero Dawn ?

Tommy McClain

Threads created for each conference along with general e3 thread, now just need to go through and include video stream links.

And still not feeling any excitement for this year's events.

I’m not hyped either. I hope to be genuinely surprised, but I’m anticipating all sequels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back