The Annual E3 Pre Hype, 2018 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
MS has to do something this time. Their E3 should be much better than the previous ones.

They can really impress everyone with a big budget exclusive that really pushes the X.

Rumors for MS now involve a hefty price cut ($100 lower) on Xbox One X as well as a temporary price cut ($50) on top of that. Possibly price cuts on the One S model too, unsure of temporary or perm drops there. Of course this could just be the result of incorrect prices used on some Ads.

But I think the same, the new titles they show will all be on the PC at least, with a good portion also available on PS4 platform, but perhaps MS got marketting rights

A significant price drop and a lot of 'best place to play' would do well for XB1X. MS can effectively gloss over XB1 and present everything in an XB1X flavour for Maximum Impact and the best presentation of these new games. I can see third parties happy to have themselves highlighted at E3 in such a message. Also by having XBox cross-platform, well, being a platform rather than a device, games can be showcased on ultra ultimate supremo PC settings and still be valid. E3 is all about visual impact and getting social shares, drop dead gorgeous visuals are best for that, and eye-watering PCs are the way to achieve that. Either way, any game being presented on XB conference can look better than the same being presented on Sony conference, so makes sense.

A significant price drop and a lot of 'best place to play' would do well for XB1X.
While reminding original Xbox One and Xbox One S owners they're a long way from the best place to play.

For that reason, I don't think Microsoft will go overboard on this aspect. :nope:

Don't see the problem. Existing owners are already snagged. Encouraging them to upgrade would be of more benefit to MS's bottom line than and more in keeping with typical business practices of trying to upsell existing customers.

Today is the Big Day, I expect nothing but an eye melting presentation from Sony with uncontrollable nose bleeding from me due to unprotected optical exposure to their promised graphikz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back