Heavenly Sword pre E3 hype?

Deano,

Congratulations for the great job. The game is amazing! And congratulate Tammem for me. The Tameem's Edge Diary is a very funny and inspiring read.

Just got a question regarding the trailer again, sorry if it's already been done to death :p

Am I correct in thinking that this is basically what you did:

1. Find some parts that look cool.
2. Use the in-game engine to pre-render all those frames
3. Composite the frames together and then add cool movie-trailer stuff.

Or was it first captured running in real time and then messed about with?

Shrike_Priest said:
1. Find some parts that look cool.
2. Use the in-game engine to pre-render all those frames
3. Composite the frames together and then add cool movie-trailer stuff.
Thats pretty much it. While we you can play it in one go, it would be really hard to get it looking as good as it does in one continous play through.

Yeah, kinda figured that it'd be more sensible to do editing and effects afterwards.

What I was the most interested in was the rendering process though. I wasn't really sure whether or not it was standard for a game engine to be capable of "offline/pre-rendering". Seeing as how trailers are really the only purpose I can think of for it :p

But then again, I couldn't figure out how you'd get the trailer running like that if it was rendered and captured in real-time either :p

Shrike_Priest said:
What I was the most interested in was the rendering process though. I wasn't really sure whether or not it was standard for a game engine to be capable of "offline/pre-rendering". Seeing as how trailers are really the only purpose I can think of for it :p
We have a mode that captures the input state and timing explicitly for things like this (demos, bug captures etc.). The game is completely deterministic, record input, timing and pseudo-random seeds and its possible to play it back exactly as many times as you like.

Actually I lied, its not possible to play it in one continous go. Its two, the interior and exterior sections are seperate levels currently...

DeanoC:
What´s the target frame rate for this game? Do you have a estimated date to release this game?
Thanks and congrats for the good work!!!

Back