Heavenly Sword pre E3 hype?

Amazing, especially the direction is very well done.

One thing that was a bit icky was the purple flag at the end, didn't move right. But it doesn't matter, this game looks amazing.

oi said:
Amazing, especially the direction is very well done.

One thing that was a bit icky was the purple flag at the end, didn't move right. But it doesn't matter, this game looks amazing.

Er, sure you've watched the new trailer and not just the 2003 concept one? The new one doesn't have a purple flag :)

In case you managed to miss it; http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/700/...4/614848/sonycon_games_12_heavenly_wmvlow.wmv

I watched the 62MB one from the beginning of the thread...?

I watched the 62MB one from the beginning of the thread...?

Which is from 2003 and pre-rendered. The one I linked to is from the Sony event (and looks alot better!) .

My hat goes off to you, and the Ninja Theory crew, DeanoC.
:D

Now, go tell the other your idea about a sequel for KFC.
Next-gen needs a sequel to this game. :devilish:

Deano, can you honestly tell me that all those soldiers running around have their own AI and animations and such? :oops:

Very very Nice DeanoC! I am glad your team was highlighted at E3, hopefully the extra exposure gets fans excited--as they should be!--and that the titles sells well. Good luck!

Shifty Geezer said:
Deano, can you honestly tell me that all those soldiers running around have their own AI and animations and such? :oops:
Yep, they are simplified entities but still have basic AI (they can avoid things, stay in formation etc., they try and jump out of the way of the boozaka if you look carefully...) and use the normal animaton system, they are even the same models, the LOD system handles it transparently. They also turn into Havok ragdolls for a decent death.

Currently they are all on a single processor core, so the framerate drops pretty sharply at high number of entities... but this should go away once we have had a chance to work the machine properly...

Damn, I really take my hat off for you guys, Heavenly Sword is one of the nicest looking next-generation games at the moment, perhaps even the nicest looking.

But please, put in the Kung Fu Chaos characters as a hidden bonus, I want to kick some ass Monkey style! Even better: some nice KFC mini-games!

DeanoC said:
So in all fairness its not quite as black and white as either real-time or CGI...

Heh could you explain that so that I would understand :oops:
Do you expect that the final product looks as good as that video during gameplay?.

appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif

Well then I'm very impressed!! Big well done, especially on whoever wrote the shadow engine :p I didn't think next-gen would manage so much. I'm really looking forward to the future, and hopefully see the games I've always longed for :D

BTW are you allowed to talk anything of using OpenGL or other development tools? Or is it tight lipped all the way even on common APIs?

Congratulations Deano. I have to tell you, I was a bit sceptical of this game. Early screens and videos were too tech-demoish for my taste. This new footage however is really fantastic looking, and seems meaty, frantic and fun. I have to say that I found KZ2 and Motor Storm trailers to be more impressive, but yours was right after them AND we can actually take your word on it that it's a real game footage running at 1080p and not some target mockup.

Hey Deano I know you're not on the same team and probably don't talk to the others (you might I don't know) but do you think what Sony show with Killzone 3 and Motocross could be done in real-time like you guys done with HS?

I asking because you actually programmed on the console and have a bigger understanding on whats possible and whats not.

Thanks and congrats. :D
________
CONTOUR

Last edited by a moderator:
mckmas8808 said:
Hey Deano I know you're not on the same team and probably don't talk to the others (you might I don't know) but do you think what Sony show with Killzone 3 and Motocross could be done in real-time like you guys done with HS?
It would be unprofessional for me to comment on stuff I know nothing about.

Back