GTA V on PC

750Ti is pretty good though?
Or, another option: the console versions aren't that well optimised after all, ha ha.

Console versions are probably CPU limited more than anything. Even an i3 is way faster than the console CPUs.

Funny though about the 750Ti performing so well. It is probably about equal to the PS4 GPU.

Consoles have 6 cores to play with though, and GTA is obviously very multi-threaded. Their clock speed deficiency probably puts them on par with a high speed i3.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/784070-5gb-patch-required-for-physical-copy-is-it-real/page-2
Physical is 7 disc and NEED 5GB additional download.

1. the game must have 5GB patch installed, "install and play" is only a dream.
2. the patch only available via internal updater
3. i am very skeptical the internal updater will have proper resume/fix and multi-connection capability.
4. i am pretty sure it wont use torrent (i think its only blizzard that have enough sense to use torrent for updater).

glad i did not buy it.

EDIT:
btw im pretty sure the pirates buying this on shopping mall (probably sold around 30USD) will have
1. less installation disc.
2. "install and play" without any hassle.

ugh i hope no other games follow this annoying Rockstar business model. Playing original/legit should be EASIER than pirated version.

Firstly pirated has always been easier than consumer version, it's nothing new and whether or not it's justified is rather irrelevant. Secondly, a 5Gb day one patch in this day and age is completely normal whether for PC or Console and in fact far more prevalent on console from what I can tell. I think you're being far too dramatic and really don't see anything wrong with this. 5Gb download for physical vs 60+ download for digital is quite reasonable.

But yeah something like this would be truly interesting. Risky though. They are just building prettier versions of the same game and it sells super well.

That's a bit unfair in my opinion. From ps360 to ps4one, Rockstar did balance well a bit of improvement on every area. Next gen got pretier pixels + higher population density + more variety of pedestrians and vehicles + longer view distance + more physics + more songs on radio + more graphical effects + better textures + addition of First Perso + etc...
GTA is not a single one of these elements, its all of them together, and R* knows this better than anyone, and they did split their efforts acordinly.

Had they kept graphics equal and only turned population/car density to 11, there'd be people saying "They are just building busier versions of the same game and it sells super well" in fact, they might not have said it was selling super well, because maybe the game would sell a little less had they gone that rout.
Puting it as if its a lazy profit thing is very short sighted too. Increasing density and leaving graphics untouched (which includes new content: reworked textures, models, new shaders...) is much cheaper development wise. -Get that variable that defines the amount of character to be sapawned on this area at this time of day, change it to 10x its current value. Done.

Finaly, compare GTA to Saints Row for exemple, and you'll see that R* isn't taking, by any means, the lazy route. GTAV could have come a year or more, earlier, with half the map size, a bunch of repeated generic buildings all over the town (each building is unique and inspired on real LA buildings with remarkable atention to detail), no three character dynamic, a fraction of the peripheral content that one in every 100 players ever ends up encountering, and the thing would have sold just as well uppon release.
R* didn't because they wanna release a good game. Might not be you cup of tea, and that's fair, but for what they've set out to create, i think they did a damn good job.

Yeah I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to what people like about these games. I have not been able to get into any GTA, Saints Row, Watch Dogs, Crackdown, Just Cause, etc. I find them to be simple superficial urban simulations with appropriate contemporary eye candy. I don't find the campaigns interesting and the "drive around and cause mayhem" thing doesn't have lasting appeal.

So yeah I would be cool with a major change in approach to what these games do. Whatever Silent Buddha was trying to describe with a more diverse/dense city simulation. But seeing as it's not gonna make the gang banger campaign mode more exciting for me, maybe they should keep on producing what sells millions of copies every single time.

Just Cause is actually much closer to a 3rd person Far Cry with a grappling hook than any GTA. There's hardly anything urban about it.

@Malo last time i downloaded 6GB patch for destiny, it took me 99+ hours on the counter -__- (in reality it finished yesterday, downloading from the patch 1.1.2 released)
PSN is soooo slow. I suspect they did not use "multiple connection".

Well, GTA V for PC is finally here, installed on my computer and i even got to play it for few minutes. So I guess I now belive that GTA V was really realeased for PC - finally.

But... yeah. Several hour install from 7 DVDs, then download 5 GB patch (took only 12 hours), then stuck in infinite rockstar social club update loop, first two missions are shooting gallery and short driving segment (with bad bumper car physics compared to GTV IV) and then crash and another 350 MB patch install loop (downloading it 3rd or 4th time). Le sigh.

This reminds me of MMO lauches.

When will this thing stop downloading patches?
I've been downloading >300MB patches every day..

Ah yes you're correct, I didn't even notice since Steam just does it in the background. 200Mb patch.

Here's the patch notes.

• Fixed an issue where the GTAV Launcher would use an abnormally high percentage of CPU and sometimes crash.
  • Fixed an issue where frame rate would drop when left-clicking the mouse while driving.
  • Added a grid to the Golf mini-game to show the topology of the green while putting.
  • Fixed an issue where a character’s eyebrows or other facial features could change erroneously when transferred to PC.
  • Fixed an issue where a some players were asked to transfer their GTA Online character while a transfer was already in progress.
  • YouTube uploads via the Rockstar Editor will now correctly resume if Internet connection is lost during the upload and later restored.
  • Fixed a rare issue where the game could crash while using the Rockstar Editor.
  • Projects containing deleted clips will now load properly in the Rockstar Editor and warn the player of the missing clips.
  • Fixed an issue where birds were not recorded correctly in Rockstar Editor clips.
  • Corrected an issue where certain characters in Windows usernames would cause the Launcher to fail to load or other undesired game behavior. For details, see this page.
  • Fixed an issue where players with one garage would not be able to replace an existing vehicle if the garage was full and the new vehicle was purchased from an in-game website.
  • Additional fixes to prepare for iFruit support.
  • Crew Tire Smoke can no longer be purchased if you are not in a Crew.

Chromatic Aberration Crystal Power Make Up!

e18ed3b72109ba7795ca5a54508606ca.jpg

Chromatic Aberration Crystal Power Make Up!

That's actually chromatic aberration correction, present in most latter oculus rift software, it's meant to counter balance the CA introduced by the oculus lenses giving the viewer a correct image. It mostly works, except for the brightest and darkest of colors I think.

Back