GTA V on PC

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by pjbliverpool, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Malo

Malo Yak Mechanicum
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

2. pharma

Veteran Regular

Shortbread, Lightman, Jupiter and 3 others like this.
  3. Jupiter

Veteran Newcomer

Saw that after I ve posted this in another thread.

They seem to bring only one title per console generation. Many also bought it several times and I hope that this will not become standard for RockStar games. This reminds me a bit of NVIDIA where people buy multiple fastest GPUs within a year because the Titan and TI always come a bit later. However, it makes more sense there because of the production costs.

4. Malo

Malo Yak Mechanicum

Why not? Would you rather they switch to a Ubisoft/EA model of pumping out titles in the series every 2 years without the production quality Rockstar puts into them?

5. Jupiter

Veteran Newcomer

I can't say I was very convinced of GTA V. Sure, I played the multiplayer for a long time but the game world was empty and a step backwards to its dense predecessor. The single player was one of the worst experiences for me in years while the campaign of Watch Dogs 2 was due the higher complexity and many interesting gameplay possibilities a lot better in my opinion (I didn't like Watch Dogs 1). GTA Vs campaign was too linear (couldn't decide for myself where I could walk etc.) and there were too many trial and error passages. The gameplay was just weak. The talk of the characters was very annoying and I could even less identify with these characters (Trevor is pure scum -> I hate such characters and I don't want anything to do with someone like him) than with the weird hipster guys from Watch Dogs 2.

I think that was the only game I've bought which I haven't played trough in 10 years.

It's also not like Ubisoft develops games very quickly. Wildlands was 5 years in development and The Division was probably for a long time as well. Unlike RockStars games The Division came even with a new game engine.

#345 Jupiter, Apr 10, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  6. homerdog

homerdog donator of the year

I love GTA V. Mostly because of Trevor. He is one of my favorite characters ever.

7. sir doris

Regular

GTA V's single player was one of the best gaming experiences I've had in the past 10 years, it was just so polished. As someone who doesn't have an massive amount of time to play video games I would much rather the ones I do put time into, be the ones where the dev's have done likewise.

8. Mobius1aic

Mobius1aic Quo vadis?
    Veteran

Source article says PC sales make up 2.1% of the total. That's not even 2 million copies, yet it was reported GTAV on PC broke 2 million by May 2015....... Steamspy currently reports 10,000,000 to 20,000,000 copies, and I'm going to guess the real figure is around the 15,000,000 mark. If Steamspy was never accurate or reputable, I don't think the guy who made and manages it would be raking in almost $9000 a month on Patreon. He already acknowledges being paid by indie studios for the data.

digitalwanderer and Malo like this.
  9. Jupiter

Veteran Newcomer

There is also the version from the RockStar Social Club which was the only physical version.

#349 Jupiter, May 4, 2018
    Last edited: May 4, 2018
  10. Mobius1aic

Mobius1aic Quo vadis?
    Veteran

Yeah I have the physical version! 7x DVDs baby!

11. Malo

Malo Yak Mechanicum

lol what. Seriously? And who actually has optical drives in their PC anymore?

digitalwanderer likes this.
  12. Mobius1aic

Mobius1aic Quo vadis?
    Veteran

It was for collector's sake and yeah, I had to plug in the 'ol portable DVD drive I have for when I occasionally need it. But it was a faster way to get the game installed than downloading it at 2MB/s max.

digitalwanderer, pharma and Malo like this.