GTA V on PC

pjbliverpool

B3D Scallywag
Legend
Sorry this isn't as exciting as you might have hoped but it seems pretty likely this game (in it's definitive form) will make it's way to the PC over the next few months. But let's not leave it to chance, here's a petition to let Rockstar know how viable this game would be on the PC:

http://www.change.org/petitions/rockstar-release-gta-v-on-pc#share

Not far to 600,000 names now, maybe you can be number 600,000...

And the original story:

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2300073/gta-5-pc-version-might-be-released-in-2014

Signed! Although like you said this is kinda pointless. But signed anyway!

Just out of curiosity, what will the people of change.org actually do when/if the petition reaches 1 million signatures?

I signed awhile ago, but I still don't belive we're actually getting GTA 5 - untill I'll download it from Steam and successfully start the game.

Red Dead Redemption still hurts like hell. To know I'll most likely never get to play one of the best games ever (for me)... just heartbreaking.

I signed awhile ago, but I still don't belive we're actually getting GTA 5 - untill I'll download it from Steam and successfully start the game.

Red Dead Redemption still hurts like hell. To know I'll most likely never get to play one of the best games ever (for me)... just heartbreaking.

Seconded. RDR is pretty much the only game they've released that I'd want to buy at full price and it never came to PC.

IF GTA V comes to PC, I'll wait until it hits 75% off in a Steam Sale like I did with LA Noire.

Regards,
SB

Found this funny....
metu3uga.jpg

I think there's much more cause to be hopeful for a PC release of GTAV rather than RDR. For a start GTA is traditionally a PC franchise whereas RDR was something new. And there have been a few clues floating around that their is a PC version in the making.

It makes sense financially anyway. GTAIV was a success on the PC and GTAV looks set to easily exceed that.

I will pony up and buy GTA-V for full price, given what I've seen from the consoles at this time. I was not so optimistic about GTA-IV, and in fact I've still yet to complete that game. The prior GTA-III series were all good :)

I'm fairly sure GTA V on PC would be a full price purchase for a lot of Steam users, that there are a lot of Steam users with consoles that are willing to wait, and I'm positive that Rockstar (and their investors) know that. Unless the development had absolutely no PC originations and would literally cost tens of millions to "port" to PC, it's really a no brainer.

IF GTA V comes to PC, I'll wait until it hits 75% off in a Steam Sale like I did with LA Noire.

Regards,
SB

You know, there was a reason R* never brought RDR to PC.....I'm just saying.

I'll be a full price day one buyer (unless it is a total shit port), not only because I really want the game but because I want to support their decision to do a PC version. Maybe if it does well enough they'll consider a simultaneous PC release on the next one.

I wouldn't pay full price for this. Maybe half in a sale, but not full price.

But that's just because I have too many games in the waiting list already and I must be conscious with the amount of money I spend.

Same here, I just started playing XCom and haven't even gotten to Bioshock Infinite yet. Just too many games in the queue, so I probably wouldn't get GTAV on day one.

A post on the Guru3D.com Forums reports that AMD's recently released Catalyst 13.10 beta drivers contain the latest indication that Grand Theft Auto V is eventually heading to Windows PCs (thanks DSOGaming). User kn00tcn posts claiming to have found the following string by hex editing the beta drivers:

<application Title="Grand Theft Auto V" File="GTA5.exe">
<use Area="PXDynamic">HighPerfGPUAffinity</use>
</application>

Nice, will make a lot of people happy. Wonder if this will mean next-gen as well.

I hope so. Otherwise it's possible the PC will get a minor modification to the current gen version and the next gen consoles will follow up with a "true" next gen version. This would not make me a happy person.

Back